Improving in Mathematics? (1 Viewer)

Brotein

HSC
So I recently received my results for mathematics about a week ago and to be honest it wasnt that great...
I used to be around top 50 in Year 8-10 and started dropping to 70-100 in prelims. This term im really disappointed in my marks and I was just wondering what could help me regain these ranks.
Also,
if I do practice papers should i only do my schools? Or include HSC and other schools aswell.

Need tips please!!

Thanks guys.

Aysce

HSC
What textbook does your school use? And also, how do you study for mathematics?

Personally, I started with the basics (Math in Focus), moved on to harder questions (Fitzpatrick and Cambridge) and then did HSC past paper questions. You should do as many as you can and NOT only your school's as this will increase exposure and allow you to prepare for several possible questions that may pop up in assessments.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
my friend told me he got 99 ATAR by going over every single past paper he could find.

Brotein

HSC
I use Maths in Focus I think. Should I finish all exercises in Maths in Focus and then move on to Cambridge/Fitzpatrick or do one chapter each. Thanks for the advice btw

Aysce

HSC
I use Maths in Focus I think. Should I finish all exercises in Maths in Focus and then move on to Cambridge/Fitzpatrick or do one chapter each. Thanks for the advice btw
Depends how well you know the content and apply it. I basically did all exercises in MIF, most of Cambridge and the Fitzpatrick exercises to get a firm grasp on the concepts. No problem.

Focus is Key

HSC
Depends how well you know the content and apply it. I basically did all exercises in MIF, most of Cambridge and the Fitzpatrick exercises to get a firm grasp on the concepts. No problem.
Yeah our class uses Maths in Focus for the basics. Once I complete excercises I move onto harder questions (The 'Challenge Excercise' of MIF, Maths Online harder questions, Fitzpatrick, past papers etc.) For me I need to understand how to APPLY the work in many situations so I'm prepared for every question type and not surprised in an exam too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)