In a bit of a pickle... D: (1 Viewer)

cooklyfire

HSC
So here's my situation... I've recieved an offer for university and accepted it; but I've now discovered that I may not be able to attend that uni due to the accomodation circumstances.
So I've now changed my prefernces to be included in the Early February round; but then I see it says "Institutions will only send offers if there are vacancies"

So will it be stupid to put a course that does not have any vacancies like UNSW commerce; as a prefernce for Early FEB?
Are we only allowed to put courses that don't have vacancies?
'Cause, all I've done is put my 2nd prefernce as my 1st but apparently it has no vacancies....
Someone please help!

Andi0390

HSC
Considering that you have nine spots for preferences its not stupid to put courses you have little chance of getting in first place, you have nothing to lose. Although, it is unlikely that you will receive an offer to a course with no vacancies.

If it were me I would make sure there are some courses that I will get into with vacancies somewhere on my list as backups.

yummy-cookies

HSC
Don't worry, it isn't stupid. By no vacancies, it means that there are no vacancies NOW. Vacancies will probably open up by the early Feb round as people drop their course. Just be aware that the ATAR cutoffs are more likely to rise though.

cooklyfire

HSC
ok... what would happen in this situation:
"A" accepted an offer for USYD Law
"B" accepted an offer for UNSW Arts
Both courses currently have no vacancies.

Now:
"A" changed his preferences and put UNSW Arts as 1st

"B" changed her prefernces and put USYD Law as 1st

would they 'Switch' courses or does it stay the same?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It would have to stay the same, as the institutions don't know whether you will be offered a late round place or whether you'll choose a late round offer over your main round offer.

Andi0390

HSC
The problem is that no one knows if they are going to get a late round offer so they all accept their main round offers, and just wait to see if they can get a late round. Also, when they receive the late round, its doesn't cancel out the first offer.

The main vacancies in courses will probably be from deferrals, or maybe some people who accepted an interestate offer. For popular courses with no vacancies though there probably isn't going to be that many people saying they don't want to do it.

By all means put it on your list and hope for the best, but plan for all eventualities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)