In a business plan, can your hypothetical business be a large one? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
Can your business be incorporated and large at the start, because I notice in many people's reports the term "start-up costs" meaning unincorporated small business....?? Is this always the case?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Can your business be incorporated and large at the start, because I notice in many people's reports the term "start-up costs" meaning unincorporated small business....?? Is this always the case?
Yes, when establishing a business, the owner has two clear options, either to be incorporated or unincorporated. Also the term 'start-up costs' do not refer specifically to unincorporated businesses. It costs to establish a business regardless of its structure.

You might want to talk about the costs in trying to find shareholders (like the advertising campaign Telstra made for it's sale of T1, T2 and T3) as well as any other regular costs. The main difference between corporate and incorporate is the ownership and how the business is a separate entity, it still has similarities.

nerd_2b

HSC
Can your business already be really big and have many branches, or does it have to be unincorporated, small???

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
are you referring to an assignment or...?

do u mean that when writing a business plan does the business already have to be grown or it should be a new business?

nerd_2b

HSC
yes, I mean exactly that....does it have to be a new one?? Or can be be an established one?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
no, your business can be any size, and any type of business entity.

for my assignment i did my Dad's sole trader business, which also allowed me to make up facts and figures etc. got 100% for it :)

just as long as your business allows you to properly adress each of the points of a business plan, and if you cant get any info on certain points, just estimate or explain your "predictions", its all perfectly fine.

got any more questions feel free to pm me.

_CtrlAltDel

HSC
You can, but it makes it a lot harder as it's hard to actually speak to the CEO of the company about their business. Our teacher recommended that we didn't do that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)