Inbound Call Centres - Casual (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know any good companies to work for?

Pretty non keen on calling other people and trying to sell them stuff, but what's it like working for a centre where people call you up, ie. pizza hut?

HSC
I'm working in the call centre of a salary packaging place in sydney, $19.50 an hour and awesome extras. e.g. they put a tab on a bar once a month, randomly buy lunch for employees.
The work is good and as long as you understand the things people will ring you about. Also you definately need to know how to handle angry customers.

Pace_T

HSC
Ennaybur said:

Pretty non keen on calling other people and trying to sell them stuff, but what's it like working for a centre where people call you up, ie. pizza hut?
i work in an inbound call centre as a casual. its a large company so the hours we get are really flexible. you can choose how much you want to work. for example on my holidays i get around 20-30 and on during uni i choose around 5-15. sometimes its really dead and we find ourselves just mucking around with friends and stuff. outbound sucks big time, inbound is a breeze. good people skills and being bubbly etc really help. as with every call center whether in bound or outbound you will get a few frustrated customers but dont let that deter you, as you're always given a procedure to follow in those situations. the one i work for offers around $20/h and double on sundays, which is about normal for this type of work.

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
RaisedByWolves said:
I'm working in the call centre of a salary packaging place in sydney, $19.50 an hour and awesome extras. e.g. they put a tab on a bar once a month, randomly buy lunch for employees.
The work is good and as long as you understand the things people will ring you about. Also you definately need to know how to handle angry customers.
Pace_T said:
i work in an inbound call centre as a casual. its a large company so the hours we get are really flexible. you can choose how much you want to work. for example on my holidays i get around 20-30 and on during uni i choose around 5-15. sometimes its really dead and we find ourselves just mucking around with friends and stuff. outbound sucks big time, inbound is a breeze. good people skills and being bubbly etc really help. as with every call center whether in bound or outbound you will get a few frustrated customers but dont let that deter you, as you're always given a procedure to follow in those situations. the one i work for offers around $20/h and double on sundays, which is about normal for this type of work.
So, are either of them hiring? ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Keep an eye on the usyd casual employment service, mostly because any that post shit up there will be prepared to deal with uni student hours.

mat2154

HSC
Ennaybur said:

just look in the mycareer section of smh or seek
call em up and you'll almost definitely get the job
a lot of my friends quit after a week so it must be pretty crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)