independent trial results (1 Viewer)

clairethebear

How did everyone go in their art exam?? Pass/fail?? I got 48% all up, but got 85% in section 2. Section 1 was what dropped my mark down! How did everyone else go??

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
*whips out calculator*

that would mean you got about 21/25 in the essay (yay!), but only about 3 marks in section one. ouch! what made your section 1 marks drop so much, do you think?

still ill

21/25 in section 1 and 20/25 in section 2 :D
happy as larry with that result considering the study i did

clairethebear

saladsurgery, I think my marks dropped in the 1st section because I did my exam backwards. I spent most of my time on section 2, because I knew I would not feel like writing an essay after an hour, so I started my essay first. Then I did the questions with the most marks after that. I think I didn't spend enough time on sec.1 and also I didn't refer to the frames and other artists enough.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Can't remember exactly what I got off the top of my head (I have since buried all my trial marks in a large pile of clothes and books lying on my bedroom floor), but it was 45/50 all up. I was happy-ish.

:chainsaw: See? Happy.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by clairethebear
I think I didn't spend enough time on sec.1 and also I didn't refer to the frames and other artists enough.
yeah, i found that sticking ot the proposed time limits is generally a good idea (for art at least)... perhaps spend an extra 5 minutes on one of the bigger section 1 questions or the essay if you're really getting into it, but i found that if i wrote too slowly or got stuck in the earlier questions, i'd always run out of time later on and have to write some half-arsed conclusion on my essay. always did my (art) exams front to back though, so i'm not too sure on the running-out-of-time-in-section-one idea... more like running out of time in the essay :rolleyes:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Uggy
happyish with that!
Yeah well, the "ish" part comes from the fact that I didn't get to actually write the conclusion and last sentence of the paragraph before my conclusion. I really have to watch those time limits...

And I found that I spent waaaay too much time on Question 1. I just had too much to say - and I'm never concise at the best of times.:eek:

MrMiK

I sucked so insanely much in the trials.
partly cuz i was doin my BOW and so did NO study.
Partly cuz i had no idea of the cultural signifigance in bits.
Partly cuz im an idiot.

I didnt write enough.. in all aspects..
so i gota do a bit of polishing up for the HSC i guess :p

Red_Skittle

me...

I ended up with 66% in mine, i didnt really study all that much, about 3 hours the night before i think... i wasnt too dissapointed though.... i came 6th in my class... :rolleyes:

JoeyR

Originally posted by DC10
is this the one with the Tiananmen statue, christo's bridge and the billboard thing?
yeah i did that one and got 43/50

JoeyR

Originally posted by DC10
that was an easy trial exam
i was feeling all good about myself and everything :(

now you must DDIIIEEE!!! :chainsaw:

nah im just kidding :D its cool :cool:

DC10

i mucked up q2 of section 1. because i forgot to mention 2 plates and talk about it. fatal mistake - couldve got the top of class if not for that :(

i'd expect the HSC exam would be MUCH much harder than the independent trial exam - look at last 2 years' exams they all seem to be harder than this trial paper :(:mad1:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'm sure it will be harder. But looking at our results, I think we'll do pretty damn well. :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
last year's hsc (i.e. the one i did) was pretty weird. the question style was a bit of a departure from previous papers (trials, the 2001 hsc, etc)... i'm not sure if they're going to stay like that, or if it was a one-off out of leftfield. apparently alot of art teachers complained about that one.

DC10

actually i was surprised at last year's HSC paper - i thought as a general rule, when teachers complain about exams for one year, the exam next year would be changed - in terms of the style, and difficulty...

allyteaded

MY trial

I did the Catholic trial.

I got 50/50!

*runs around like a headless turkey*

gooble gooble gooble :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)