~*Indians in Aussie Schools*~ What do u think about them? (1 Viewer)

Angelina88

HSC
Hey, im doing this mini-assignment about stereotypes n stuff.....need some help........wat do u guyz think about the indians in ur skool..........their social standing, like their stereotypical image......do u luv em' or hate em'....or maybe neither? r they just a group thatz ignored? N if ur indian nd reading this.....wat do u think?? Do u reckon ur recognised in ur school? Any comments? and r indians really fobs??......n who on earth came up with the title of "curriez"???!?!!?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Angelina88 said:
Hey, im doing this mini-assignment about stereotypes n stuff.....need some help........wat do u guyz think about the indians in ur skool..........their social standing, like their stereotypical image......do u luv em' or hate em'....or maybe neither? r they just a group thatz ignored? N if ur indian nd reading this.....wat do u think?? Do u reckon ur recognised in ur school? Any comments? and r indians really fobs??......n who on earth came up with the title of "curriez"???!?!!?
Firstly, this is not L&R.

Secondly, you should write in a way that we can easily understand you. Otherwise we won't want to help you because we're (I mean I am) annoyed by the bunch of fragments joined by "......."s.

Lastly, in my opinion, your idea isn't a very good one. However, I shall answer your questions:
  • I don't think of Indians as being a completely different group. Everyone is equal, and are not judged by their skin colour.
  • There is no stereotypical image. Some are impossibly smart, some are just average, some are bludgers - just like everyone else.
  • I would never say I love or hate a particular race. That's called racism. ;)
  • No, they are not ignored.

HSC
indians smell real bad, theres only a few exceptions like me. but then again lebs smell worse, and no i didnt find the indians at my school were ignored, at least the ones in my grade, the whole grade was pretty close after the potheads and losers dropped out in year 10

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Angelina88 said:
There was only one idian girl in my school. She was way quiet, I never really got to know her.

HSC
N/A
Angelina88 said:
good luck with your project/assignment whatever it is

1. Indians are good/bad depending on the individual (as all others are)
2. "Curries" is a term used to group together Indians, Pakis, Lankans etc.
3. In general, I find the "curry" students to be more studious (to a certain degree) hence they usually top the class (with the other asians)
4. Indians and other "curry" people alike, although we like to believe that they are treated equally (and fairly blah blah) they arent.

Simple.. on the outside

ishq

brown?
HSC
Curry is what curries eat.

Silly.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
insightful topic :p
we all had our groups at high school i was part of a group that had mostly 'curries' but there were all sorts of people in our group...groups dont matter taht much in year11 and 12 as everyone is pretty much close (as hiphophorray said)...
i beleive curries arent treated unequally (from my experience) there's the odd racial joke etc but that's nothing

there are good and bad, just like any race :p
not all of them are fobs, not all of them are nerds...this is pretty much self explanatory

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
I'm your stereotypical white aussie male and my beloved girlfriend is Indian. I love her to pieces. If more girls were like her - the world would be a better place :). 10 points for Indians.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
they're labelled as curries and that's about all the difference... they're cool ^_^ in year 12 all this group thing does tend to disappear a little.. with the intermingling of all nerdy asians with the cool asians and the curries and skips and everything else ^_^
indians are cool !

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
not all of them eat curry :p...some curries (referring to teh food, not the people) are really crap...i actually dislike curry in general...

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I strongly HATE spicy curries especially vindaloo that ppl says makes u go to the loo
Yes.. a good friend of mine is a half-indian (melbournian) guy with an afro :S
He's a nerd!! I mean.. "Hello"
Yeh he fully studies hard and gets comparably the same marks as I get without much studying.
He sucks at bowling in cricket (disappointing for such a background)
Often plays and watch footy yet when he kicks the ball it just goes everywhere (haha <~ nowhere)
People likes to throw stuff at his afro (ROFL) like leaves, sticks and acorns.. in the hope that a real tree would grow in the afro tree itself.
Well thats about it.. oh yeh and he doesn't eat curries :\

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
They are better than terrorists. :rolleyes:

And, Bengalis > Indians. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)