Info on marks required for graduate entry law @ usyd in 2008 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi, during the year I was trying to uncover what marks were actually required to get an offer for sydney. Happy to say I got my offer the other day so I thought I would post my marks in case anyone had the same query I did.

I completed the HSC in 2002 & my commerce degree at Sydney in 2007.
UAI 98.5
WAM 74.8

So that fits in with the faculty's slogan of 'get a UAI above 90 & a WAM in the high credit to distinction range' however I think it's a bit more flexible than that, depending on the candidature each year

For more helpful staff contact the admissions office. The staff there are willing to discuss previous years entry requirements so for usyd contact Andrew Keywan.

I hope that's of some use to others thinking of applying in the coming years. Good luck!

Rorix

HSC
Id guess you were pretty safely in based on those marks

Demandred

HSC
I will post the marks i got to get into Grad Law @ Sydney:

UAI: 94.25
WAM: 79.86
GPA: 6.0
NSRL: 97.44

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
I will post the marks i got to get into Grad Law @ Sydney:

UAI: 94.25
WAM: 79.86
GPA: 6.0
NSRL: 97.44
Are you getting full credit on your completed law subjects?

= Jennifer =

HSC
This is why I did not apply for grad law at usyd :p unfortunately, you do not get credit for your law subjects as usyd counts them as part of your other degree as like a sub major which means that you will have to repeat the law subjects again

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
This is why I did not apply for grad law at usyd :p unfortunately, you do not get credit for your law subjects as usyd counts them as part of your other degree as like a sub major which means that you will have to repeat the law subjects again
Wow that's crap. Is it just USYD that does it that way?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know the rough WAM accepted for their LLM and SJD programs? The Faculty told me 'at least a credit average, 2.1 honours preffered', but I'm not sure if the 'actual' benchmark is much higher or not. Guidance appreciated from anyone who knows!

~ari

is well hung
HSC
hfis said:
This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know the rough WAM accepted for their LLM and SJD programs? The Faculty told me 'at least a credit average, 2.1 honours preffered', but I'm not sure if the 'actual' benchmark is much higher or not. Guidance appreciated from anyone who knows!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)