INFO1103 usyd (1 Viewer)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Hi all,

Who is doing this or has done this unit of study? What's it like? Difficulty? Lecturer rating?
It's not in the subject review for usyd

Also, ive never done programming at all

Any info on it will be appreciated. Thinking of doing it but I don't wanna do it it'll destroy my wam

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
My mate's doing it. He says the lecturers are really good and that it's easy as anything, although he did SDD so he knows quite a bit. I've never programmed before but I'm doing INFO1903 at the moment and not finding it too hard. Half the class is doing 1103 as well and say 1903's a lot harder so you really shouldn't find it massively hard - it's called "introduction to programming" for a reason.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
My mate's doing it. He says the lecturers are really good and that it's easy as anything, although he did SDD so he knows quite a bit. I've never programmed before but I'm doing INFO1903 at the moment and not finding it too hard. Half the class is doing 1103 as well and say 1903's a lot harder so you really shouldn't find it massively hard - it's called "introduction to programming" for a reason.
thanks

_pikachu

HSC
So, TheGreatest99.95,
I'm a 1st year, doing this subject now. I had no experience with coding and technology before uni
Lecturer (Michael Charleston) is a cool guy, approachable and sometimes funny
Programming isn't hard if you put effort into it. However, lots of people in the first few weeks dropped out of the subject though, thinking it was too hard or didn't find it interesting
i'll rate 8/10

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Am doing this next year. For someone who hasn't programmed in about 3 years, but has only ever used visual basic.net, is this an exceptionally hard subject?

_pikachu

HSC
Got a 64 (Pass)
Mainly cause i skipped 2 mini assignments and a major assignment
if i did do them, probably a credit or distinction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)