Information for drama essays (1 Viewer)

Melany

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm terrified about how I'm going to write my essays for drama as I have a total of about 26 pages in my drama theory book... my teacher is teaching for the first time this year and he hasn't given us much to go off. If anyone could provide any assistance I'd be extremely grateful.

I'm studying:
- Summer of the 17th Doll AND
- No Sugar

Epic Theatre
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle AND
- Mother Courage

Thank you in advance, anything will help :)

Mr. Pink

HSC
yeah same, i have no idea what is expected in a drama essay. Is it possibly discussing how the two plays (australian and irish) reflect thier culture through costume, setting etc.? I have a feeling it may be, but does anybody know exactly?

Mr. Pink

HSC
hey hey, drama essay study done! The basic jist of it is you discuss how the plays reflect the Australian identity. You need to discuss the social, cultural and historical contexts of the play, and how they reflect this, but be careful! This is a drama essay and not an english essay. Basically talk about the post-WWII need for an Australian play following the seperation from england and the forming of a seperate identity, and how they use realism and naturalism to do this. Research this and expand on it and you'll be sweet!
P.S. due to the date of your post, im sure this will be too late but perhaps it can help others asking the same question.

risag

HSC
i wouldnt worry too much 26 pages sounds good to me lol. but if you want more information for the two brecht ones if u buy the plays from the methuen student edition there is commentry and notes in the beginning of the book. sorry i couldnt help more but those notes in the front a fair good. and about the teacher thing i have an english teacher exactly like that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)