Information Systems Syllabus Summary? (1 Viewer)

kesh1

HSC
N/A
So I am completing my syllabus sumarry for Information systems, using textbooks DOTPOINT and Heinemann. But, I'm finding it really difficult figuring out what info goes under which dot point, because the books don't follow the syllabus exactly.
For syllabus point :
v identify communication technologies that use energies from the electromagnetic spectrum for communication purposes.
what exactly goes under this point? Radio waves, microwaves, mobile phones?

If anyone has a syllabus summary for this point, please send. I have looked at HSC online, they seem vague.
Thanks!

scott.narelle

HSC
N/A
you need to know that mobile phones use microwaves, radio uses am and fm radiowaves
landline telephone uses light waves -does this help?????

crammy90

HSC
scott.narelle said:
you need to know that mobile phones use microwaves, radio uses am and fm radiowaves
landline telephone uses light waves -does this help?????
i thought radio use radio from phone to tower and then its microwaves frmo tower to tower and then from tower to receiver its radio :S
landlines use electrical analog signals from the phone to the telephone exchange which then uses fibre optics to the next telephone exchange (repeaters on the way as only used for 10'skn without repeaters) and then convered back into an analog electric signal to the reciving device yeh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)