INJUSTICE! reporting of marks! (1 Viewer)

allira92

HSC
go to the head of maths or curriculum co-ordinator or somebody else with curriculum authority, even tho it 'only yr 11' its more the principle of the matter.

In our society in-class the teacher was about 15 mins late meaning i didnt get time to finish so i went to the hsie co-ord and she said that i culd go straight to the curriculum co-ord to disput it, or she cud just have a word to my teacher (the marker) to take the fact that we didnt have time to do it in to consideration.

and if yr teacher is classing this as a 'formal task' that goes towards ur end of yr mark, she has to make it fair to everybody and i personally dont think ushould have even been given another test in the first place, but thats just my opinion. the whole class should have been given the opportunity to redo the test and if u were unable to, like any other task, you would hav had to do a missadventure form and sit it the next day because ur teacher is classing it as a formal task.

like sum1 said earlier, there is a system that schools have to follow in assessment tasks, like that u need atleast 2 weeks notice and mainly that you can disput any mark you've been given, if u think it was marked un-fairly or if other people were given an unfair advantage

and also, now that i think of it, from leadership experience myself, executive teachers love leadership students and therefore are very willing to help them out

anyway, thats my rant

Last edited:

studentcheese

HSC
Yeah, definitely go see the head teacher of Maths about it. That is really unfair. It could happen again and that teacher shouldn't get away with it. You're really lucky it didn't affect your HSC. If that happened to me, I'd tell the deputy principal straight away.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This would really suck... o_O See someone about it if you're really furious but I'm sure you will actually calm down... since it is Year 11 (not too much to worry about :p). Try not to let it get the best of you... and besides I bet you can catch in marks if nothing is brough to proper justice. It will help you to work harder and get 1st rank by more of a percentage.

Btw... my Year 11 maths class (since I'm in the Year 12 maths, I will just call them by that) got back their 2u mathematics results for a practical test (more applications of maths) and the top mark was 57% for them o_O... I did it with them... not caring what go because it would be a little practice and I got 71% - but that is irrelevant to my point. Point is, the average score as a percentage from 5 ext. kids and 15 2u kids was 22% !!!! so don't think that 70% is all that bad for a ext. test.... this was only 2u and the cohort was EPIC PHAIL! lawl.

I wish you all the best to getting this resolved.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell someone like the head of maths... or make the teacher let u sit the test again, or even better, set another test so everyone can have another go... seems fair

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell someone like the head of maths... or make the teacher let u sit the test again, or even better, set another test so everyone can have another go... seems fair
So many re-attempts? No. The teacher should be entirely fair and just take the original marks... No matter the marks or ranks, they are fair and just. Even though the teacher may also be disappointed in the grades etc. this has to be expected since the content is a lot harder from the simple stuff in year 10 and previous years...

I'd just make sure the teachers changes all the marks back to the results from the first test.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So many re-attempts? No. The teacher should be entirely fair and just take the original marks... No matter the marks or ranks, they are fair and just. Even though the teacher may also be disappointed in the grades etc. this has to be expected since the content is a lot harder from the simple stuff in year 10 and previous years...

I'd just make sure the teachers changes all the marks back to the results from the first test.
set another test so everyone can have another go
I wasn't really being serious... The only best way is to use the original marks and scale them up. Like for us, our whole year for lets say... physics gets scaled up...

studentcheese

HSC
- I don't think the teacher should've given a re-test in the first place. So like if everyone gets average 50% in the HSC, the Board of studies will issue a re-test? I don't think so.
- Teacher should've let you guys redo the test if the others got to redo it.
- Perhaps she should've placed the test on a date without interruptions

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Hmm no luck!!

:burn:

I'm starting to wonder if this is worth it anymore..

do the marks in yr 11 get sent to the board of studies?
i heard they do..so they can work out your improvement rate from different years for their records..

also the marks in yr 11 would affect me applying for other schools and jobs to a degree wouldn't they? maybe uni too?

i'm just so worked up about this..it's been in my head for days...

dp624

HSC
i don't think the board cares about yr11

angie-gee

HSC
just be thankful that it's only Yr 11 and the overall result doesn't matter, and be hopeful that shit like this doesn't happen in Yr 12
this.

hun, unless you cant sit your exams next year.. you prelim marks dont mean anything. Of course you still need to work hard and try and get good marks, but dont stress yourself out...

easier said then done, I know.. but take it from someone who's done prelim and is now on their HSC.. aswell as those who have finished school..
as soon as you're back on day 1 of term 4 this year.. everything gets whipped clean and you have to work your way up again, dont urn yourself out from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)