Inside info WANTED! (1 Viewer)

alexmartinek

HSC
What is the university of technology like?
is anyone else planning to do a bachelor of design at UTS? :spin:
This is the course i want to do, but i dont know the finer details of what it is like.......

alexmartinek

HSC
i need information from someone that goes there.....the website doesnt tell you everything

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
i don't go there... I'll be going there next year though.

from what i've heard from my uni friends

its one building so everyone gets to know each other, the library is painfully slow to get things out of (you need to fill out forms or something), the student life is ok, there are lots of clubs and stuff but lacking in outdoor things mainly like tennis courts.

apparently indoors is much nicer than it looks on the outside

but that's just second-hand knowledge

bigb0yjames

HSC
Patar said:

its one building so everyone gets to know each other, the library is painfully slow to get things out of (you need to fill out forms or something), the student life is ok, there are lots of clubs and stuff but lacking in outdoor things mainly like tennis courts.

its not one buliding...its like 10 buildings. depending on what course you doing will depend on which building you will be spending the most time in.

ive never been to the library. ever. had no reason to go there. dont know where the fuck it and what the fuck it looks like. so cant comment.

UTS does have tennis courts.

yes, it is lacking some outdoor grass.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Patar said:

Your uni friends lied to you. As a BIT student, you'll be hauled up with me in building 10 most of the time. While it is very close to the 'one building' most people think of, it's very different. Then there are some buildings that are closer to Chinatown than to the tower (mainly the library and the law/business buildings).

Nobody knows anybody outside their classes. Hells, I didn't know most people IN my [first year] classes. Actually, I know a few people studying in different faculties, but it wasn't a university related thing.

There are no forms at the library. You take a book, scan your card, scan your books, badda-bing badda-boom you're done. I think they used to have a form you needed to fill out at the start of your first year, but that has been abolished.

UTS does have tennis courts, basketball courts and the like... they're just hard to find (and hell, they're mostly outdoors).

The indoors being nicer thing is correct though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)