Institutions and Personal Experience!! (1 Viewer)

chickadee17

My english class has just finished studing 'State of Shock', now we have to do an assessment task and have to also choose our own related material which is not aboriginal.

The task we have to do is in the form of a speech (3-5 mins) and we have to answer the following questions:

What issues or ideas about THE INSTITUTION AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE have emerged form your study of the set text?

To what extent has the drama medium assisted the composer in getting these ideas across?

In reference to any related text of your own choosing, discuss the issues the responder is asked to consider and how the medium of the text helps the composer get these ideas across.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what material i should choose? OR where i can find related text to choose from? How should i go about answering the questions?

Thanks

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Related Material that i chose was:

The film: "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Micheal forman
Short story: "Young man in Vietnam" by Charles Coe

Arthur

Also, looking through BOS for other "Institutions and Personal Experience" threads should give you more related material.

I suggest you use related material that is of a different form (or whatever it's called) to your main text. For example, if your main text is a movie, choose related materials like a poem, song lyric.. you get the idea... anything but a movie as your related text. This shows you are able to analyse many different forms of text.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
The film ''dead poets society'' is a good example, and the poems by bruce Daw....cant remember exactly which ones.....id find out and post here soon:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)