Integrating Logarithmic Functions (1 Viewer)

HSC
^As a 2U browsing this, I'm really interested in how to answer this in a two unit context.
this

Although I understand carrot's alternative solution, I wonder if there is a more systematic way that involves dividing by cos^2(x) like the question asked? I don't believe there has been an appropriate solution for that yet.

Not to say that this is a typical 2U question anyway, doubt it would be in the hsc paper lol

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're amazing robot, I still struggle to understand this question though, it's so hard! I hope it's really not a 2U question.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You're amazing robot, I still struggle to understand this question though, it's so hard! I hope it's really not a 2U question.
Definitely not an 2U question. But I have devised a plan that will accommodate the markers. By adding a standard integral there will be less explanations so you can go straight to the answer in the exam without proof. Kekeke.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Definitely not an 2U question. But I have devised a plan that will accommodate the markers. By adding a standard integral there will be less explanations so you can go straight to the answer in the exam without proof. Kekeke.
What was the point of the hyperbolic tan... it's there but you didn't use it.

HSC
ahahaha

you're the best Spiral, thanks :)

Last edited:

Sanjeet

HSC
None of those solutions are 2U, and even 3U never requires you to come up with your own substitution (that's 4U), they always give it to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)