Internal Assessment Mark Spread (1 Viewer)

Music

HSC
Hi guys is the spread of the internal assessment mark important? In my case im ranked 16th and the person ranked 15th is beating me by 0.3%, does that mean 16th highest external mark will be their internal e.g 82, and 15th highest external will be mine e.g 75. And if thats so, isn't that unfair since its a seven mark difference, and he's only up by 0.3%??
Really confused and concerned!!
Thanks!!

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That difference is called the 'relative gaps' and yes it is important. The 0.3% will be rounded as well as only whole marks are sent into the BOSTES so it is likely that you will be either equal or sent in 1 mark apart depending on what the school decides - ranks or marks - as being the more important.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Hi guys is the spread of the internal assessment mark important? In my case im ranked 16th and the person ranked 15th is beating me by 0.3%, does that mean 16th highest external mark will be their internal e.g 82, and 15th highest external will be mine e.g 75. And if thats so, isn't that unfair since its a seven mark difference, and he's only up by 0.3%??
Really confused and concerned!!
Thanks!!
No, only the top ranked internal result will receive the top ranked exam mark for their assessment.
That doesn't apply for the other ranks.
Your two assessment marks will reflect the internal spread regardless of the mark difference between those two ranks in the external. ie. they will be almost the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)