Internal LAW transfer (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
hey people,

i just wanted to know what exacly would one need to transfer into UWS LAW from something like economics. A friend of mine is doing economics at penrith campus, he got a UAI of ~75, and was told by someone over there that he only needs credit average with 1 distinction to make the transfer into LAW, does this sound right to you guys?

Does UWS have like a special transfer policy or something, cause at UNSW they use 50% of ur UAI and other 50% from unimarks, which in this case would mean you would need a bit more than credits...

Oh and another thing, he said he eventually wants to do Law at UNSW or USYD, so would it be easier to transfer into Law at parra then goto USYD or UNSW law, or is it easier to transfer into USYD or UNSW economics first and then look to transfer into law in 3rd year?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Theres the guaranteed course transfer thing... where you need a GPA of 5 (above credit av) and you need to have done 40 credit pts.
I don't think you need anything else (i could be wrong) depends on the course - if you hand in a porfolio etc. Your UAI should have no influence... because its not sumthing they consider at uws, this is my understanding anyway. Personally i think it would be easier to transfer to law at uws.

santaslayer

HSC
It would definatley be easier for an internal transfer within UWS. Judging by ur friends UAI, he/she woulnt make the cut for an external UNSW/USYD law transfer this year anyway.
Also note that UNSW will not be accepting anyone trying to transfer into Law after the first try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)