INTERNAL TRANFER B sci/B arts to B sci. (1 Viewer)

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
HI!

I'm a 2nd year student, and i think i might want to transfer from my combined arts and science degree to just a Science bachelor.. has anyone done this?

And if you have do you know if they accept arts units on the credit transfer form, is this something that they always do?

I would like to know because for my arts i did 2 arabic beginners subjects and got HD for both, so if they don't accept those, my GPA will fall from like a 6 to 5.5 or lower and my WAM will drop from 76 to 73...i dont know if i want this to happen cause it will be harder to push up again. any advice? Should i drop?

P.S i would be wanting to tranfer 84 credit points...if that changes anything.

HSC
I'm planning to do this next year.

As far as I know, you can credit transfer whatever you want. Just make sure that you're fulfilling the course requirements.

Do it if you want.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
so you are in a combined as well and you will credit transfer your arts?

Yeah i have a friend who transferred and they accepted her german units. But then i emailed the undergrad assistant he gave me a wishy washy answer about not being 100% sure.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
I read that there is a 96 credit point limit so 84 cp is alright?

ALSO- does anyone know the process, as in when you lodge your application when is is processed and when do you get to know the result?
Do they just accept your application or do they give you an "offer" and you have to accept it?

If you don't know the answer do you know someone who does?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I read that there is a 96 credit point limit so 84 cp is alright?

ALSO- does anyone know the process, as in when you lodge your application when is is processed and when do you get to know the result?
Do they just accept your application or do they give you an "offer" and you have to accept it?

If you don't know the answer do you know someone who does?
I'm pretty sure this is an internal transfer.

When it's available (you need to wait for internal transfers to open), fill in a transfer form and fill in a credit transfer form - hand it in at science faculty.

They will send you the result of your application to transfer (usually you'll get an internal transfer to you're transferring to a similar course or dropping half a combined degree - they will send you a credit transfer offer where you pretty much give it back to them so they can do a credit transfer.

The credit transfer won't show up on MyAdmin/MyUni etc.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure this is an internal transfer.

When it's available (you need to wait for internal transfers to open), fill in a transfer form and fill in a credit transfer form - hand it in at science faculty.

They will send you the result of your application to transfer (usually you'll get an internal transfer to you're transferring to a similar course or dropping half a combined degree - they will send you a credit transfer offer where you pretty much give it back to them so they can do a credit transfer.

The credit transfer won't show up on MyAdmin/MyUni etc.
Well i hope that they accept my transfer and the credit from my 2 units of arts, without the arts my gpa will drop a bit :(

HSC
Note that USYD doesn't use GPA s... rather they use WAM s

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Also, science faculty uses SCIWAM (if you're wanting to do honours or whatever) and your arts units don't count towards that.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, science faculty uses SCIWAM (if you're wanting to do honours or whatever) and your arts units don't count towards that.
Really?

From what i have read it includes all the intermediate and senior units of study...so it wont include my junior arts but will include my senior arts and senior science...

HSC
Really?

From what i have read it includes all the intermediate and senior units of study...so it wont include my junior arts but will include my senior arts and senior science...
Nooblet is being very specific. The science faculty uses both the SCIWAM and the WAM for DIFFERENT PURPOSES. E.g transfer, exchange, honours, PhDs. Check what exactly you're trying to do and ask the faculty (in person is the best option, because they will have to answer you straight away) about exactly which SCIWAM or WAM or whatever they use to use as a discriminator.

LetterNo1

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys for all the replies

I went and spoke to the assistant dean and she gave me the all clear to transfer. and all my science and arts units apparently will be transferred as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)