Internal transfer as an alternate pathway to Uni. (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey a friend of mine didn't make his required 90+ for entry into law.. He told me he plans to do a B.A and just transfer. However after doing some research, I came across this: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=45647

As it states: "internal transfers (which are declining in use, and are now limited to dropping degrees, such as from Commerce Law to straight Commerce)"

Is that true that you can no longer transfer from arts to laws?

Thanks.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Is that true that you can no longer transfer from arts to laws?
I don't -think- that is correct. I had always assumed that most people transferred from Arts or Commerce into Combined Law.

rayy_bann

HSC
Can you transfer from a combined law degree from one uni to the same combined law degree at another uni?

izzy88

HSC
Can you transfer from a combined law degree from one uni to the same combined law degree at another uni?
Yes you can, however what you get credit for is up to the university you are transferring to. Eg. They may not recognise all the law subjects you have done, and you may have to repeat (I don't think this is particularly common, but it could happen). Some uni's also have slightly different structures of combined law degrees so you may have to do some different things to the students in the year you are transferring into.

I know someone who transferred from combined law at anu to combined law at USYD. She got credit for all her subjects, including one that is done in first yr at anu but not until 4th yr at USYD.

Fake-Name

HSC
Awesome. Thanks for that. I'll let him know that he needs to keep up his GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)