Internal vs External Transfer (1 Viewer)

kepbo

HSC
I have recieved an early entry offer from UOW for computer science and an early entry offer from UTS for a Bachelor of science in physics. I'm dreading the commute next year if I'm forced to commute to wollongong. So would it be easier to transfer to UTS doing Information Technology from UOW or do an internal transfer in UTS?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your early offers! Generally speaking, your chances of being approved to transfer to UTS's Bachelor of Information Technology (and most other degrees at any university for that matter) will depend on meeting the academic requirement for the degree, regardless of the university that you attend or the degree that you study. In both cases, you will need to submit a new application through UAC. If you wish to have your university results considered in addition to your ATAR, you must complete at least 1 year of full-time study at either UoW or UTS.

An element that you may wish to consider in making an informed decision is your study interests. If you enrol in UoW's Bachelor of Computer Science, you will have essentially guaranteed studying a degree that is consistent (or similar) with your interests in the event that a transfer to UTS's Bachelor of Information Technology is unsuccessful (hopefully this does not happen). On the other hand, an unsuccessful transfer as a Bachelor of Science student would leave you enrolled in a degree that you are not interested in studying.

Additionally, recognition of prior learning is relevant here. Essentially, you are more likely to receive credit for prior studies when the previous degree that you were enrolled in is similar to the degree that you transfer to, which seems more applicable to UoW's Bachelor of Computer Science than UTS's Bachelor of Science. This is important to consider because it will determine whether you will need to start UTS's Bachelor of Information Technology from the very beginning (or have your progress partially reduced), or whether you can continue your studies in UTS's Bachelor of Information Technology while fully/partially restoring your progress.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)