international students question help (1 Viewer)

wonsta

HSC
i checked this year cut off and i made required cut off but it seems like no offer runs for international students since none of them(around me) received or heard anything from uni..
i know offer runs progressivly between jan to feb at each round for domestic students.. just wanna know if any international studnets that you know of got their offer in late rounds..

here is thing.. i contacted uac and they told me all the offers are decided by each uni so they have nothing to do over the process.. so then i contact uni but they said samething.. "you should contact uac blah blah blah.." so i just hang up..
now only two rounds left, next one coming tomoro

Andi0390

HSC
I was under the impression that international students are not subject to domestic rounds, and I also thought their offers were given out earlier than domestic students.

I would have thought that you would already have your offers if you are going to get any.

Really though, you should email the university so that everything is clear and so that all correspondence is in writing. That way there aren't any mix ups, and if they try and redirect your query to UAC or the uni then you can email them back immediately with a copy of the email from the other place telling them to contact them.

Get on them about it because you're running out of time.

dafs2

HSC
the situation does seem to vary based on individual unis .. well, for last year, i know of one international student who got her offer during the main round (unsw), but another int student didn't get it until February (uts). The uts student made into the course 15 points ABOVE the cut-off for that year too.

Last edited:

William kamel

HSC
the situation does seem to vary based on individual unis .. well, for last year, i know of one international student who got her offer during the main round (unsw), but another int student didn't get it until February (uts). The uts student made into the course 15 points ABOVE the cut-off for that year too.

Is that even possible, I though int'l students don't get bonus points.FTW

dafs2

HSC
[/b]

Is that even possible, I though int'l students don't get bonus points.FTW
Hmm not really sure about BONUS points, but what i meant was the student (who did her hsc in australia) recieved a UAI of 90 but the cut-off for the course at UTS was about 75.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)