International students turning to sex work to pay fees (1 Viewer)

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
.... Why do we have to pay for university when we didn't have to BEFORE? Oh wait, I think I remember learning about this in history somewhere last year... Whit Goughlam or something??? Hmmmm...

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
Or you can stay here, lose 40% of your personal income as taxes which are used as transfer payments to pay for dole-bludgers, who then in turn vote for people like Johnny again. This government is shit.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
australian universities are super cheap compared to studying somewhere like the states, that's one of the main reasons why there are so many international students here. getting a degree in america or wherever can cost you upwards of a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

decline in the number of international students, are you fucking kidding me! they're everywhere. not that it's a bad thing, but they are.

and government intervention, what are they going to do, ban international students? subsidise hecs for australian students? dude, the government already pays for a huge portion of our education, as well as pay us to help us get through uni (youth allowance etc), there aren't many governments around who do that.
Australia is more expensive than Canada.

It's funny, u wanna earn some people's $$$ but at the same time you feel like driving them away. "shooo, go away!"

Sweet.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
Australia is more expensive than Canada.

It's funny, u wanna earn some people's $$$ but at the same time you feel like driving them away. "shooo, go away!"

Sweet.
how many tests do u have left?

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
u?
How was INFS.
last exam tomorrow (THATS RIGHT, SATURDAY). :(

INFS - hopeful pass, hated that subject... last one's ECMT for you right?

Is it monday or tuesday? shit i forgot, i should be really more attentive but this three-exams-in-three-days is killing me....

tlodg

HSC
N/A
the "reason" why international students can only work 20 hrs/week during the semester is because they need to maintain decent progress in their studies...... and if they work "too much" they can screw up their studies and then their student visa may be taken away (if they screw up their grades too badly)

I don't think that's the real reason (20hrs)......., it's the alleged reason.

hahahaha, how about setting the fees to $40000 per yr (not talking about medsci/dentistry/veterinary sci here)? you'll have these really rich people running around the unis, and going to uni may turn out to become funny competitions like: "who's richer", "who drives a better car", "who has better designer clothes", "who has an exotic house".....etc.....or maybe....more theft......

tlodg

HSC
N/A
giddycat88 said:
last exam tomorrow (THATS RIGHT, SATURDAY). :(

INFS - hopeful pass, hated that subject... last one's ECMT for you right?

Is it monday or tuesday? shit i forgot, i should be really more attentive but this three-exams-in-three-days is killing me....
dude, I took ECMT last semester.......

hahahaha good luck.....at least u get off earlier than me! then u can relaxxx and have fun

I hope I pass ECON.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
wth which stream are u in? I thought all the ECON people did their tests? At least, a stream 5 friend has already has finished, so I assume all the ECON people finished?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ur right....everybody did it, as did I

but I don't know if I'll pass......*legs crossed*

what's the one u have tomorrow? marketing?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
giddycat88 said:
Yeah.

Shit, I'm going to go study now.... :(
Alright, have fun! Who knows, it's the last night u have to study for the finals (this yr) so you might even miss it later (when you get really bored of the holidays)

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
Uh NO. Besides, I'll be going overseas, it's gonna be AWSM.

Why am I still here..... have to study :(

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
No.

Perhaps I should re-iterate. Australia is an awesome place and I love the people in it, I have awesome friends here (white and asian) and will eventually miss them when I leave. I was just incredibly angry when I read the article because I've made great international friends in the past year, and just the thought of any of them prostituting themselves to pay off uni fees pissed me off immensely. After all most of these internationals aren't THAT rich, their families are working hard back home so to pay for their tuition here - putting extra pressure on them and such.

Just my thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)