International students turning to sex work to pay fees (1 Viewer)

HSC
giddycat88 said:
and just the thought of any of them prostituting themselves to pay off uni fees pissed me off immensely. After all most of these internationals aren't THAT rich, their families are working hard back home so to pay for their tuition here - putting extra pressure on them and such.
if they can't afford it then they shouldn't come, right? i'm not being an asshole, but seriously.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
They can afford it, barely though.

Anyway I respect International Students way more than idiot dole-bludgers who've got HECS and other 'subsidies' that the government is willing to provide in order for them to complete their tertiery education, but are unwilling or too lazy to undertake it. Instead they stay at home, calling themselves 'battlers', appearing on current affair programs and demanding handouts from the government. Fuck.

Handouts that are coming from our pockets (both now and in the future).

*hopeful*

HSC
are uni's in china for eg, no good ? like is it that they are heaps expensive/crap quality/etc etc that we get so many international students ?

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
are uni's in china for eg, no good ? like is it that they are heaps expensive/crap quality/etc etc that we get so many international students ?
I have no idea about Unis in China (I'm not Chinese), but I heard this one story how there used to be really expensive private universities in China. (where the money you pay rather than the grades you get help you get accepted). And then recently the government declared them to be invalid and then the students lost out on heaps of money and studied to get degrees that are now deemed worthless.

Oh dear. :eek:

EDIT: Meanwhile, I speculate the reason that so many internationals are Chinese is not because of their education system, rather that there are already so many Chinese people in the world by default.

*hopeful*

HSC
well china was just on the top of my head, what about the other countries our international students come from, why dont they want to study there?

Bendent

HSC
giddycat88 said:
Uh NO. Besides, I'll be going overseas, it's gonna be AWSM.

Why am I still here..... have to study :(
oi same.

what971 is really worked up today.

Last edited:
H

housemouse

the article said:

Sex worker Rebecca says that as well as the financial returns, sex work allows students the flexibility to study.
"In terms of students, I think that I've certainly heard of people doing the right thing - they are doing their uni work, we bring our books in to the brothels," he said.
I dont know but do these international students also get paid for getting a sex change?

Bendent

HSC
*hopeful* said:
well china was just on the top of my head, what about the other countries our international students come from, why dont they want to study there?
too many people. too much competition.

i see lots of indonesian and south east asian international students.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
giddycat88 said:
Or you can stay here, lose 40% of your personal income as taxes which are used as transfer payments to pay for dole-bludgers, who then in turn vote for people like Johnny again. This government is shit.
You do realise that Howard is anti-welfare, whereas the ALP is the opposite, right?

Bendent

HSC
giddycat88 said:
No.

Perhaps I should re-iterate. Australia is an awesome place and I love the people in it, I have awesome friends here (white and asian) and will eventually miss them when I leave. I was just incredibly angry when I read the article because I've made great international friends in the past year, and just the thought of any of them prostituting themselves to pay off uni fees pissed me off immensely. After all most of these internationals aren't THAT rich, their families are working hard back home so to pay for their tuition here - putting extra pressure on them and such.

Just my thoughts.
the ones here at UNSW are pretty rich.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
Learning English while getting a tertiery education.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
You do realise that Howard is anti-welfare, whereas the ALP is the opposite, right?
sorry i got all worked up and got mixed up with the rascism bit and the welfare helping the no-good bludgers bit.......

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
Bendent said:
the ones here at UNSW are pretty rich.
yeah they are, like those cars parked around the campus are seriously hawt.... and i'm no motor-enthusiast or anything like that...

Also, I saw an Asian guy with hawt blonde anime-like hair just at the front gate that on Anzac parade once, I thought that was amazingly hot, but hey that's just me.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
What's wrong with people prostituting themselves? If they're up for it, they can get paid quite a bit for less than an hour's work, this money helps fund their stay at uni, and the time saved by working say five hours a week in a brothel instead of twenty hours in a cafe allows them to study more, producing better results for themselves at uni academically. If a person is up for prostituting themself, then it'd make an ample job (as long as the sex is safe).

The twenty hour restriction is a bit rich, in my opinion. The only restrictions I'd think would be sensible to include are enrollment requirements and health insurance requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)