Internships overseas (1 Viewer)

Logan Driver

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some legal internship opportunities overseas - am hungry for some international experience.

The market in Australia is so dry unless one follows the clerkship/graduate route.

I am thinking about the following: Doing a legal internship with a firm in either Italy or Germany. I've studied in both countries in 2009.

I've checked the following websites for internship opportunities:

Intern Abroad Program - Internships in Italy 2010

International Internships | All Programs

The opportunities in these websites look too good to be true, but they are so damn expensive, it's ludicrous! No way in hell will I pay a huge price to do an internship! Aren't they meant to be pay ME? lol this world is so fucked up.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me? I'd love to check out any websites you might be aware of, or you have found?

Thanks in advance peoples :)

LA88

HSC
Look at completing a clerkship in England. A few magic circle firms offer them. I know Linklaters has a specific Australian clerkship.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Look at completing a clerkship in England. A few magic circle firms offer them. I know Linklaters has a specific Australian clerkship.
Be warned that you will need to apply very early. I think they generally want graduates to apply a couple of years in advance (!!) and the same might be true of clerks.

Also, the application process is tortuously long.

Logan Driver

HSC
Good ideas so far - thanks! And keep em comin :)

Do you think I could contact the European Offices for clerkships @ Magic Circle firms? Or would that be a bit redundant because of Civil Jurisdiction? I was thinking I could try out for the more transactional/commercial areas of law if they asked me what I wanted to do..

I'll check the Magic Circle websites :) - maybe even outside of it? Like other firms in UK?

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Good ideas so far - thanks! And keep em comin :)

Do you think I could contact the European Offices for clerkships @ Magic Circle firms? Or would that be a bit redundant because of Civil Jurisdiction? I was thinking I could try out for the more transactional/commercial areas of law if they asked me what I wanted to do..

I'll check the Magic Circle websites :) - maybe even outside of it? Like other firms in UK?
I can't imagine you'd have any luck in a non-CL country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)