Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

RiCkiE

HSC
it's not only thailand that does it...and they arent always "girls" *shudder*

linnyhyde

HSC
Re: Interracial relationships~wot do u think?

hey guys, well my guy is aussie thru and thru i dont think u get more indigenous than an aboriginal

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
It's been said over and over again, there are sexy, beautiful, cute, fuckable people of every race, as there also are ugly, fat, smelly, vomit-inducing people of every race.

My boyfriend is a mixture, I think. In any case it matters so little to me that I don't even think I've ever asked him.

wafflesnsorbet

HSC
What I'm really trying to say is that genetically, we are often programmed to just be with people from our own cultures. Globalisation isn't a natural thing, y'know. Not that it is a bad thing, because it allows us to experience so many different things from different cultures...

Well, frankly, there's the line. Befriend them. Fuck them. Marry them? Hell no.

So you're equating all inter-racial relationships with Thai sex tourism? Clever.
Well, essentially, that's the unattractive side of things. What I'm really saying, though, is that cultures are naturally racist. Just look at the recent statement the Japanese released, regarding their Princess. They're absolutely mortified at the prospect of her marrying an outsider. Asian? Well, go to Europe and try insist you're Aussie. D'you think they'll believe you, even with your twang? Don't hold your breath. You'll be Asian, through and through. There are just some things which Europeans naturally do, with are inevitably offensive. Maybe you do have good intentions, but that doesn't mean we take it with good grace.

Of course, I'm not speaking from the behalf of all Asians everywhere, duh. I'm just voicing my own, bitter opinions, based on what I've seen of our fair country. I'm also not saying that I approve of racism. I'm just saying racism is something that is naturally inbred. It's just like the rich people looking down on the poor. Pity doesn't equal compassion, just as sexual attraction doesn't equal respect. And colour matters. Stop ignoring the problem.

vorahk

HSC
wafflesnsorbet said:
I'm also not saying that I approve of racism. I'm just saying racism is something that is naturally inbred. It's just like the rich people looking down on the poor. Pity doesn't equal compassion, just as sexual attraction doesn't equal respect. And colour matters. Stop ignoring the problem.
you are right, with all the sterotypes and racism going, being passed down from generation to generation, its in our blood, but its wrong and we need to realise that, not only that we need to act on it. your attitude is implying it just happens, live with it.... thats not going to help solve anything much

read "to kill a mockingbird" by Harper Lee, it might change your view somewhat.

anyway, Interracial relationships can surely cause some conflict... hobbies, family, whatever. like i said before, im asian and im with a brit, we learn a lot from each other, we have fun and we like spending time together. however, due to many reasons (cultural being one of them) our parents arent too keen about us but my parents always say, love cant be avoided etc etc, if you like/love them, thats it, you cant really stop them, so yeah ^^.

the person who made this thread obviously live in a small world... making such general assumptions.... there are "hot" asians and people from every race everywhere, anywhere, like AlleyCat pointed out earlier.

cuendillar

HSC
N/A
wafflesnsorbet said:
Well, go to Europe and try insist you're Aussie. D'you think they'll believe you, even with your twang? Don't hold your breath. You'll be Asian, through and through.

...I'm just saying racism is something that is naturally inbred. It's just like the rich people looking down on the poor. Pity doesn't equal compassion, just as sexual attraction doesn't equal respect. And colour matters. Stop ignoring the problem.
I am PHYSICALLY a chinese. No questions about that. I respect my genetic heritage, and right now, am in the middle of learning more about my culture. Its beautiful.

I am PSYCHOLOGICALLY... Chinese/ Aussie/ My own person. Look at your racial background as ONE part of who you are. It does NOT define you. Most people let their race define them. This is social conditioning that is hardwired into most of us. This does not mean it has to be for you or me.

Just because race is, on the surface, a PHYSICAL attribute, people can easily stereotype, pigeon-holing others based on race. It is clearly visible, and that is why racism exists. Mental characteristics, like low-self esteem, are not, for the most part, visible straight away, and therefore judgement takes place later. Whereas with race, judgement takes place IMMEDIATELY, whether people like it or not. That is. We stereotype to SIMPLIFY, otherwise we would have to come up with notions of how everyone is different and special... man just imagine how much effort that takes. It is NATURAL and much easier to categorise people. But of course, social rules are made to be broken : )

For example, when Australian or European girls meet me, they do not categorise me as just another asian guy... why? Because I smile and look into a persons eyes when I met someone. This is not, to a great extent, accepted in many asian countries, or at least it is very far from the cultural norm.

Yes, when I go to Europe, I will be PHYSICALLY chinese. But a European's first impression of me will not be that I am a typical asian guy... there are ways to transcend your culture, your race. You do not have to be like everyone else. You can be different, its a harder life, but ultimately more fulfilling. Stay in the mould or break out... its entirely up to you

Gurlpower

HSC
the reason i dont find asians attractive is they all look the same.

show me an asian who isnt born with black hair.

no variety within the race. yes jaops and thais look diferent in the face but anthropologically its the same shit.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
love_muscle said:

no variety within the race. yes jaops and thais look diferent in the face but anthropologically its the same shit.
well, they look different...maybe its time you get yourself a pair of glasses. My natural hair colour is dark brown. Colour is just a colour. Don't make such a big deal about it.

cuendillar

HSC
N/A
Love_muscle, your user name says alot about what you are looking for in a guy...

Everyone judges and stereotypes. Whether consciously or not. That is a fact. Stereotyping helps make unfamiliar ideas easier to understand. Asian guys often get stereotyped as generic, asexual, unexpressive, conservative, etc. There is always some validity in stereotypes, but they are often exaggerated and/or simply untrue. Plus, there are always exceptions to the rule.

As for Asian guys looking the same, this is more a matter of their overall vibe then just their looks. If you were speaking to me on the phone, you would categorize me as an Aussie, because of my upbringing in Adelaide (the Aussie accent is alot stronger there, and they dont use as much hollywood slang). If your vibe is stronger than and different to your physical appearance, people will judge you by your vibe and not just your physical appearance.

This is what i wrote before about asian guys, have another look

I know so many asian guys that would love to sleep with, or have a longterm relationship with caucasian girls, but dont have the belief that these girls desire them.

Its years of social influences, and negative reinforcement that prevents them from experimentation in this area. But they cant help but be attracted to these girls... why? its not because caucasian girls are genreally objectively hotter than asian girls, thats a matter of PREFERENCE. The reason is hollywood. Everyday we are bombarded with sexual advertising, most of which showcases gorgeous WHITE girls wearing versace dresses or covergirl makeup. We are what we repeatedly do, or in this case we desire what we always see. Why are white girls perhaps seen as generally the most attractive? Its advertising.

I would love to see more of my asian guy friends open up to the possibility of relationships with white girls. Like Russell Peters said, why try to maintain your bloodline's pureness? One day, everyone will have paleish yellowish, brownish skin anyway.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
wafflesnsorbet said:
What I'm really trying to say is that genetically, we are often programmed to just be with people from our own cultures. Globalisation isn't a natural thing, y'know.

Actually, it is intrinsically normal and unavoidable.

Simply things like different cultures and countries using similar methods to overcome problems is in effect a process of globalisation. Eg. The problem of a roof on a house staying up is overcome by crossbeams. Cultures that had never made contact with the outside world all did this in a similar vain. I was a global similarity. You can look further and see similarities in family structures and the like.

From the first time one culture makes contact with another a process of exchange occurs, a transferal of information about one culture onto another, gifts are exchanged, one culture leaves a little bit of itself on the other. It is the beginnings of globalisation. Once first contact is made, it continues more and more regularly and from there.

Essentially, what i am trying to say is that we are not that different, and interracial relationships are perfectly normal.

If you want proof, just take a look at the number of gorgeous Eurasians there are.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
love_muscle said:

Actually, "anthropologically" they are all totally different, haha. In fact I'd say an anthropological study is probably the method that would reveal the most difference between different groups, even within one country, let alone a whole continent.

Haha, way to be totally ignorant.

Bendent

HSC
cuendillar said:
Love_muscle, your user name says alot about what you are looking for in a guy...

Everyone judges and stereotypes. Whether consciously or not. That is a fact. Stereotyping helps make unfamiliar ideas easier to understand. Asian guys often get stereotyped as generic, asexual, unexpressive, conservative, etc. There is always some validity in stereotypes, but they are often exaggerated and/or simply untrue. Plus, there are always exceptions to the rule.

As for Asian guys looking the same, this is more a matter of their overall vibe then just their looks. If you were speaking to me on the phone, you would categorize me as an Aussie, because of my upbringing in Adelaide (the Aussie accent is alot stronger there, and they dont use as much hollywood slang). If your vibe is stronger than and different to your physical appearance, people will judge you by your vibe and not just your physical appearance.

This is what i wrote before about asian guys, have another look

I know so many asian guys that would love to sleep with, or have a longterm relationship with caucasian girls, but dont have the belief that these girls desire them.

Its years of social influences, and negative reinforcement that prevents them from experimentation in this area. But they cant help but be attracted to these girls... why? its not because caucasian girls are genreally objectively hotter than asian girls, thats a matter of PREFERENCE. The reason is hollywood. Everyday we are bombarded with sexual advertising, most of which showcases gorgeous WHITE girls wearing versace dresses or covergirl makeup. We are what we repeatedly do, or in this case we desire what we always see. Why are white girls perhaps seen as generally the most attractive? Its advertising.

I would love to see more of my asian guy friends open up to the possibility of relationships with white girls. Like Russell Peters said, why try to maintain your bloodline's pureness? One day, everyone will have paleish yellowish, brownish skin anyway.
err id be more influenced by the ppl i see in real life than advertising.

cuendillar

HSC
N/A
Bendent said:
err id be more influenced by the ppl i see in real life than advertising.
agree there. That is why I am writing this. I am not saying what i am saying to fill up my time. This is not just bullshit ranting. I am saying this because I have MANY white girls who I am or were very close to ,either as friends or as lovers. So I am saying this FIRST AND FOREMOST from my OWN experiences, and I am simplying using the sexual marketing techniques to make a point.

At the end of the day it comes down to this. If interracial relationships are in your reality, i.e. they are something that you believe can and will happen, then you will find evidence of it ALL around you. If you dont believe in it, you wont see it.

Hope you understand

RiCkiE

HSC
I think advertising has a much bigger influence than you give it credit for.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Do you honestly care what strangers think of you and your partner?

RiCkiE

HSC
let me put it this way: If someone actually judges you harshly because of the race of whoever you're dating, they're bigoted retards who aren't worth your time.

Gurlpower

HSC
im sorry but i dont find eurasians good looking at all.

they have weird skin, often have freckles and just look a bit unnatural.

generally speaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)