interview questions (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
REALLY sorry if there's already a thread on this..but i really need help and i've already had a brief look..

can you guys throw a whole pile of interview questions at me so i can think about my answers to them lol..i have an interview tomorrow and i REALLY don't want to stuff it up..

so yeh..what are the common questions? and what are some really weird questions that might have thrown you?

thanks in advance guys :)

payafee

HSC
Why do you think you are suitable for this position?
Why would you like this job?
What are your strengths/weaknesses/faults?
Why do you think we should employ you?
What have you got to offer us?
What do you know about this organisation? (do a little research)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
can you see yourself working here?
what would you expect as a customer?
what would you think is very important whilst serving a customer? [v. similar to above, but hey, i got asked both and i found myself basically repeating my answer]
if you were serving someone already, and someone pushed in through the line and said he was in a hurry, what would you do? [this is a really common Q]
if you were on your break, but you saw a spill on the floor but the person who was in charge of maintanence was busy, what would you do?

plah...all those common sense ones that i can't think of right now

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
oh i remember another one: if someone fainted near you, what would you do?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
aww thanks so much guys :)

and _DeathlessOne_, even though it's just an interview for a fast food store, that site was awesome..cheers dude :D

Jumpman..i think it's good to say a weakness..but then say how you are overcoming it..like shyness..

Jumpman

HSC
the first thing that comes to mind about me is that it takes me a long time to learn something and get it right. but i doubt thats a good thing to say. :p

rantman

HSC
N/A
_Bushra_ said:
act heaps freindly and ask heaps of questions. if you know ppl who currently work there say things like " emma says she loves to work here!" etc They love that kind of bullshit
they sure do. also research the business and try to show-off your that knowledge through ur answers.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh..it looks like a 'nice work environment and the girls at the counter seem friendly'

i don't actually know what they sell though haha..i'm guessing/hoping it's asian food..i've never eaten there..just found out they were hiring so stuck a resume in..it's called wok wok so i'm guessing chicken, beef, rice, noodles, veges...that sorta thing..

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
oh yeah, i remember i was once asked to describe a time i did something in a team [eg. school stuff], and then got asked all kinds of stuff about that

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
sugaryblue said:
Why did you quit your last job?

I think this question's quite tricky to answer!!
just say stuff like "it was becoming a stressful environment" or "my studies were getting the way" or " i was unable to successfully complete the job to my full potential due to personal circumstances " etc

lol im so lame

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i heard that if you say 'for personal reasons', they can't ask you to elaborate, unless you want to tell them. that's probably true, but i don't know

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Jumpman said:
the first thing that comes to mind about me is that it takes me a long time to learn something and get it right. but i doubt thats a good thing to say. :p
something you can turn into a positive

"it takes me a little while to gain new skills but i work hard at them and succeed in the end"

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
table for 1 said:
i heard that if you say 'for personal reasons', they can't ask you to elaborate, unless you want to tell them. that's probably true, but i don't know
yeah but if you say 'personal reasons' they can deduce ANYTHING from that. you really dont want to say that.

out of curiosity threadmaker what job are you applying for?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
yeah but if you say 'personal reasons' they can deduce ANYTHING from that. you really dont want to say that.

out of curiosity threadmaker what job are you applying for?
it was a lil store in my local shopping centre's food court called wok wok..i missed out though..they want someone to work the days i'll have uni..

thanks for the help anyway guys..and i'm sure it can come in handy to others anyway..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)