Intl. Exchange prorams for Business School (1 Viewer)

MikeLloyd

HSC
I'm currently finishing my Year 12 studies, and have to decide what my preference for my BCom will be; I'm aware that both USyd and UNSW have exchange programs to the united states. I'm looking to do an exchange at one of the following:

* University of Penn' - Business School (Wharton)
* University of California, Berkeley
* University of California, LA (UCLA)
* Princeton
* New York University

What I would like to know, is how competitive are these programs to get into, further down the track? Is it worth putting my preference for UNSW over USyd if I plan on getting into an exchange program for one of the above universities (in their order respectively)?

Cheers

HSC
They are all competitive schools. I don't think unsw is linked through the exchange program with Princeton unless through some other thing but never heard of it. For wharton or nyu generally need wam 90+ (They take a few people so need to be at the very top <1% cohort). For berkely and ucla you can't directly apply for them, you apply to California system and get distributed across the various schools so you may get them but not guaranteed. Probably need 85 ish wam to get into California system as well. So it's possible just need to perform really well sem 1

Notsuree

HSC
Uni Grad
For Wharton and NYU, 90 is the bare minimum. My mate has a WAM of 91 and didn't make it to Wharton.

For the California colleges, I don't think you need a WAM of 85 ... fairly sure ~75 would suffice.

MikeLloyd

HSC
For Wharton and NYU, 90 is the bare minimum. My mate has a WAM of 91 and didn't make it to Wharton.

For the California colleges, I don't think you need a WAM of 85 ... fairly sure ~75 would suffice.
I'm not familiar with WAM conversions, granted I am assuming from what I've seen, 91 would be at least within the top 1% of students for BCom?

For wharton or nyu generally need wam 90+ (They take a few people so need to be at the very top <1% cohort). For berkely and ucla you can't directly apply for them, you apply to California system and get distributed across the various schools so you may get them but not guaranteed. Probably need 85 ish wam to get into California system as well. So it's possible just need to perform really well sem 1
Achieving a WAM of 90-95, or <1% of the cohort in the first semester is very difficult I assume? I'm considering planning some tutoring in the future, I've set my preferences for Combined Actuarial, Actuarial or Commerce. Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)