Intro to Business law, assignment 2 (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Who here is doing this assignment?

How are you coping with it?

I'm just lost on how to set it out. I know i asked this in the law forum and natstar helped me, but i'm still confused.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
2 weeks to be exact... :)

btw who failed assignment 1?

just curious if ne asks

Last edited:
HSC
Yeah, I'm struggling. Over 2000 words for Business Law assignment? Me don't think so. :D

Assignment 1 marks will be on WebCt by/on Friday, right?

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
I'm so frustrated with this.... The structure phases me.... I need a drink... maybe a smoke

Jonathan A

HSC
Guys don't fret over it. Take a deep breath and relax over it. IBL assignments tend to be jam packed with laws in there.

When structuring your assignment, consider:

-Who are the parties to the claim and who do I have to advise?
-What area of Law would be appriopriate (Deciet/Negligence)?
-What are the elements of each tort?

Use headings and subheadings to guide your answer, it helps you and the marker.

A reminder that my mentoring session on Thursday (1-2) in EDG98 - Parramatta Campus will be covering the assignment.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jonathan A said:
A reminder that my mentoring session on Thursday (1-2) in EDG98 - Parramatta Campus will be covering the assignment.
What a free promo :p

hehe :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jonathan A said:
You bet ya! I think some progress could be made.
Try advertising on tv next time or even the radio. Why not put a large sign which stretches across victoria road :p

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Pity for us Blacktownians our assignment is due on Thursday at 2 p.m! :p It only dawned on me over the weekend just how much content you have to cover. So Jonathan you recommend using headings in the assignment? The best place to get cases other than the textbook would be Austlii ... but where specifically should I be searching? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. ;)

By the way, how did other I.B.L students do on their first assignment? Many of the marks weren't too crash hot but I am really pleased/suprised. :D

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
Pity for us Blacktownians our assignment is due on Thursday at 2 p.m! :p It only dawned on me over the weekend just how much content you have to cover. So Jonathan you recommend using headings in the assignment? The best place to get cases other than the textbook would be Austlii ... but where specifically should I be searching? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. ;)

By the way, how did other I.B.L students do on their first assignment? Many of the marks weren't too crash hot but I am really pleased/suprised. :D
I got my assignment 1 mark back today. I got 6/10. It's weird because on each of the 4 pages there were ticks on each page. 12 ticks on the first 3 pages (4 on each page) and one on the last page. Also, he underlined only 2 phrases from my whole assigment (on the last page) and made just one comment, and it was at the end. I looked at my mates one, he has heaps of comments and had some of his info marked in read as irrelevant. He ended up getting 6.5.

How's this so? Am i able to talk to my lecturer, who is my tutor, about this?

Jonathan A

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
So Jonathan you recommend using headings in the assignment? The best place to get cases other than the textbook would be Austlii ... but where specifically should I be searching? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. ;)
You could go to Austlii, however the full case is massive and Austlii only covers from 1952 onwards. Many torts cases are from the House of Lords or Court of Appeal in England. I recommend a textbook, Luntz and Hambly or Balkin and Davis.

You could also use Stuhmcke's book "Essential Tort Law".

Jonathan A

HSC
Rayanaldo said:
Oh and for assignment 2, i've used these headings.

John vs Lucy.
Kim vs Lucy.
Lucy vs King.

Is this ok?

You can set it out this way. (BTW, use 'v' as opposed to 'vs', we in Australia refer to the 'v' as "And" not "versus' like in the US)

Jonathan A

HSC
natstar said:
State the areas of law- torts etc
State the issues of the problem- What do you want to find out etc
State facts of law- go through the issues and state the laws regarding them
Apply facts of law to the issues
Conclusion- remember to state information that would be more helpful to make a more conclusive verdict.

This is how i was taught last semester. I got 20/30 for the assignment. Tho John would know better lol, he got soemthing insane like 28 lol
Pretty much what you have to do as Natstar suggested.

Issues, Law and Application.

What are the issues?

What law is relevant to those?

How does this law apply to my issues?

killerdevil69

2good2betrue
HSC
word limit

hey people im doing the assignment 2 and just wondering about the word limit... how much can you exceed the word limit before getting penalised for it??????????

theone123

blue essence
HSC
basically none as mention by christine hayward. they can penalise u at their discretiion if they 'feel' you exceeded the limit.

HSC
killerdevil69 said:
i have gone over the 2750 word limit by 386 words is that too much
I think that is a tad too many. The leway is 10% I think, but it doesn't say that on the assignment sheet. 3000+ words is just too much!

debugz

HSC
hehe yer.. 350 over might be just a tad too much... they say 10%, but if u find yourself going over, grab a red pen, print it off, and edit :) i find myself editing and rephrasing about 5 times (after i had finished the content material) before i had it in. i did however go over the word limit by about 400 in assignment 1 :( . I ended up getting 7 for that, whether or not marks were deducted for word length.. i duno.

what was the avg for ass1?

ive got assignments due for everyone of my subjects this week.. (4), and another 2 due next week... im gonna cry, my law one is sititn .. half done on my desk, and cant be looked at until i get all these others ones done :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)