Introductory Economics (1 Viewer)

sumguy

HSC
Has anyone done this unit? if so how difficult was it, what was the level of maths involved, eg. was there alot of calculations and formulas that you had to know or remember..etc.. oh if anyone has the course outline for this unit, could they please attach the file here or pm me thanks in advance..thanks..greatly appreciate it..
Best regards

Last edited:

j_davo24

HSC
Basic economics, very similar to what you do in HSC economics, some parts ou go further into, others less.

Had a mid-semester test which was all multiple choice. Also had a group report based on case studies from the textbook. Final exam was 50% multiple choice and 50% written answers(1-2pgs each).

Hardly any calculations involved, more just describing the impact of certain events and understanding graphs. The calculations we did were just simple fractions that a year 7 student could do.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i had never done any economics in my life before i did this unit and it was very very easy. and SOOOOOOOOOO boring.

ChiK

HSC
N/A
So are all the assessments open book or closed book?

Is it necessary that we buy all the textbooks required for this textbook? Or can we just buy the main textbook instead?

j_davo24

HSC
ChiK said:
So are all the assessments open book or closed book?

Is it necessary that we buy all the textbooks required for this textbook? Or can we just buy the main textbook instead?
The assessments are closed book.

You only need the main textbook. Last semester it was by Sloman I think, had a yellow and red cover. The other book I got, coz it was in a pack, I didn't use it and it only had old newspaper articles in it. So really no need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)