iOS 5 (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I don't really think along those lines even though I'm a business minded person myself. I don't really care about their company because I'm not a shareholder and at the end of the day I want the best value possible.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
im conflicted..

shud i wait for the Galaxy nexus

or get the iphone 4s?

opinions?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The ongoing support isn't really provided by the OS, it's the telco or company/store you buy it from which gives the service after purchase

as for the OS, I think iOS is still better than Android, and iPhone in general is better than any android phone (best being the Galaxy Nexus or w/e)

take a read through here:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=268345&p=5538241&viewfull=1#post5538241

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=266485&p=5538243&viewfull=1#post5538243

and do some search on Gizmodo and Engadget (both are tech websites).

--

Yeah I don't really think along those lines even though I'm a business minded person myself. I don't really care about their company because I'm not a shareholder and at the end of the day I want the best value possible.
yeah fair enough, sounds reasonable :)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Depends, the S2 has a better screen and is pretty fucking awesome. iOS is locked down so you pretty much can only do what Apple wants you to do. Android lets you do whatever the fuck you want. Also, I know on Samsung you can transfer files through a network without a problem as there is stuff pre-installed to do that, I don't know if iPhones can, someone answer this for me? Android's app store will soon overtake Apple's since Android has a larger market share AND Google doesn't take 30% of the profits as well as the fact you can get a lot of the most popular apps for iPhones for free with ad supported versions. But it's a personal choice.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Depends, the S2 has a better screen and is pretty fucking awesome. iOS is locked down so you pretty much can only do what Apple wants you to do. Android lets you do whatever the fuck you want. Also, I know on Samsung you can transfer files through a network without a problem as there is stuff pre-installed to do that, I don't know if iPhones can, someone answer this for me? Android's app store will soon overtake Apple's since Android has a larger market share AND Google doesn't take 30% of the profits as well as the fact you can get a lot of the most popular apps for iPhones for free with ad supported versions. But it's a personal choice.
yeah i recently heard that android is now more widely used than ios

may wait for the galaxy nexus
i dont like the touchwiz overlay

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
OS's are built for different people tbh, iOS is media-centric, simple and works but has a pretty conservative approach to new features. Android is completely customizable, it's rapid software update cycle constantly brings in new features but tbh may leave a few things in the OS rough due to this.

That said I personally way prefer my Nexus S to an iPhone 4s

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had the 4S for a while now and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Notifications are sort of useful, but I always seem to have my phone with me and don't necessarily get a lot of incoming messages/calls/emails (so the system is a little under-used for me). If you're a heavy phone user, you'll find the notifications (which every other phone OS basically has) really great.

Siri is cool for setting reminders, but until it can look for Australian businesses, it's just for lulz.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Personally I find that the locked down features of IOS are a plus because it maintains the integrity of the platform. This only works in favour for those who only use the basic stuff on their phones - anyone who wants to customise and go that extra step with their device should definitely go the android route. If you want something a little more stable/refined but more basic, then go for iOS.

Either way, both are pretty good platforms and without the competition they both wouldn't be where they are at the moment.

Also in answering the above about transferring files over a network - I'm not sure (probably not). I do know that transferring files over the cloud is really simple and effective though.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
iOS can be less restrictive if you jail break it (one of my friends has a jailbroken iPhone 4 and the interface hardly looks anything like that of an iPhone, which is interesting). Might do it with mine once an un-tethered jail break is out (idk if one is out already, last I checked it wasn't).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)