iPod attachment (1 Viewer)

Khypheneight

HSC
I'm wanting to buy an iPod attachment, the recording thing? Does anyone else have it, and if so, does it work well?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I want one of these aswell!
and a torch/laser pointer. I don't know why yet, but I'll think of something.

Khypheneight

HSC
yeah, that would be cool to have as well...

I have the iPod, just want the attachment, do you think it would work, say in uni?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
It'd be good for close range recording, but depending on the sensitivity of the mic, may not be good for large open spaces with people shuffling around you. Don't alot of uni's record a selection of lectures for you to stream/download now anyway?

malkin86

HSC
I'd say that that depends on the lecturer, and even then...

ReaveR

HSC
I think it only lets you record at 8 or 16K...which I don't think is particularly high quality.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
ReaveR said:
I think it only lets you record at 8 or 16K...which I don't think is particularly high quality.
if it does do that it's understandable though.. it saves space, cos scratchiness in the spoken voice doesn't sound too bad

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MedNez said:
It'd be good for close range recording, but depending on the sensitivity of the mic, may not be good for large open spaces with people shuffling around you. Don't alot of uni's record a selection of lectures for you to stream/download now anyway?
None at USyd, but the contents are usually in the text book anyway.

Generator

HSC
N/A
"does the voice recorder work with the ipod mini?"
"yes, it does"
"ok, I'll take an ipod mini and a voice recorder"

Bastards.

I'm taking the recorder back tomorrow and getting a refund (from Bing Lee of all the places, one of the few, I thought, that knew their products, especially the items that are meant to be quite popular). I could ask for both to be refunded given that i only bought both items now so that I could record a bit of banter on the understanding that the recorder attachment worked with the ipod mini, but I was going to get an ipod mini eventually so i might as well keep it. Luckily my dad has a decent enough mp3 player/voice recorder, so at least I won't have to get a refund and then fork out a bit more for a standalone recorder.

I do realise that this shows that I should do a bit of research before I head out to buy an item, but I thought that it would have been such a simple/common question that I would be safe. Oh well, live and learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)