IP's that have recieved Band 6 (1 Viewer)

HSC
i had the same problem.
i tried to find one on the net but they were all really crap.
i tried to take one from a movie, but it didnt work either.

the best way i found was to work out what sort of character you are happy with. i am not very confident when it comes to my own skills which made it hard to find something that worked.

i used this method

1. find a charater you are comfortable with playing (ie. a mental paitent or an old lady).

2. work out what sort of theme/ message you want to get across in your peice. in mine i looked at the stupidity of the human race.

3. find a way for your charactor to express your meaning.

with that simple formula i was able to pull together a peice within a week as my procrastination and previous failed attempts took up most of the time. if you do it now however, then you have more time to chop and change it. and belive me, it maybe totally different by end but alway refer back to your original message. my charactor changed 4 times but the message was still the same.

so finally good luck. oh and use the BOS site for any problems. i was halped majorly by a friendly BOS student so if u have any questions just ask :)

princessrach

HSC
Hey
Im doing my hsc this year and have been having the same problem. theres a book out called monologues for aspiring actors (or something like that) which is really good for male and female.

what ive ended up doing (and still working on it) is ive picked a monologue (Rosalind from Shakespeares As You Like It) that isnt very long - 1min at most - and im supplementing it with other texts to follow a theme rather than a character. its a lot of work and im mixing the style of language and character from different time periods but it is essentially a classic character which is what my teacher says im good at.

you definately need to play to your strangths though. other ideas are a mime - i saw a really good one last year and they can go for as long as you like - slapstick comedy, something political, anything. you need to make sure it REALLY REALLY interests you though or your stuffed. also my teacher said sont do rape, abuse, stuff like that coz everyone in the whole state does it and its really cliche.

hope ive helped a little bit. if you want some more ideas let me know and ill send you some or if you wanna see some of my monologue to get an idea.

PrincessRach

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'd like to see your monologue so far, it sounds really interesting. dont worry, i wouldnt steal it or anything because i already have most of my own script drafted. but yeah it sounds cool. :D

lassssa

HSC
i cann sooo relate to you omg, My teacher...ARGHHH she is so favouritised with some students and only puts her energy in with them, so i feel that i am totally doing it on my own as well. Just one thing about Bombshells, i bought it ages ago and was determined to do one from there, but now all this talk about markers not wanting to see the same thing has just scared me a little, since the bride and cactus one have both been performed at Onstage in the 2 previous years, they were the 2 in whcih i was contemplating doing...should i choose another one?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
lassssa said:
i cann sooo relate to you omg, My teacher...ARGHHH she is so favouritised with some students and only puts her energy in with them, so i feel that i am totally doing it on my own as well. Just one thing about Bombshells, i bought it ages ago and was determined to do one from there, but now all this talk about markers not wanting to see the same thing has just scared me a little, since the bride and cactus one have both been performed at Onstage in the 2 previous years, they were the 2 in whcih i was contemplating doing...should i choose another one?
do mary o'donnell...she's the best by far! (in my humble opinion, yeah!)

MoJo0o0o

HSC
I am freaking out! I have no monologue to show my teacher for the half yearlys...which is on APRIL 4TH!! at first my teacher recommended me to buy this book called happy days by samuel beckett, i bought the book and after i read it over and over again, i didnt think it was for me........and now i just bought another book called 50 scenes from strong women study guide, something like that! and after reading all 50 'scenes' which go for.....not even 1 minute..i was about to freak because non of them is long enough or interesting for me......and so i need serious HELP! if anyone has any monologue for a female...in her teenaged years something to do with grief or break downs just anything INTERESTING..then please help me out, thanks..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
MoJo0o0o said:
I am freaking out! I have no monologue to show my teacher for the half yearlys...which is on APRIL 4TH!! at first my teacher recommended me to buy this book called happy days by samuel beckett, i bought the book and after i read it over and over again, i didnt think it was for me........and now i just bought another book called 50 scenes from strong women study guide, something like that! and after reading all 50 'scenes' which go for.....not even 1 minute..i was about to freak because non of them is long enough or interesting for me......and so i need serious HELP! if anyone has any monologue for a female...in her teenaged years something to do with grief or break downs just anything INTERESTING..then please help me out, thanks..
um well one of my friends did a monologue in year 10 called "disturbed", about a girl whose father accidentally shot her mother and then himself, thinking the daughter was dead also. its available on the net although i dont know where. google the intro: "one year, when i was twelve, my father decided to decorate the house for christmas." thats all i specifically remember of it although it was very sad and emotional if thats what ur looking for.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
um well one of my friends did a monologue in year 10 called "disturbed", about a girl whose father accidentally shot her mother and then himself, thinking the daughter was dead also. its available on the net although i dont know where. google the intro: "one year, when i was twelve, my father decided to decorate the house for christmas." thats all i specifically remember of it although it was very sad and emotional if thats what ur looking for.
sorry, but I think that sounds far to angsty for a year 12 IP performance.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you're probably right. but she did say that she wanted something about grief and break downs...that was all i could think of straight up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)