IPT for HSC 2009 (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Well, we have transitioned into Year 12 IPT now, and a look at the new HSC Syllabus is really worrying some of my friends and I. Im sure our teacher is really great at teaching this revised course, but there are no textbooks to accomodate for the changes. What do you suggest we do? I guess I was just planning to use a variety of text/excercise books and fill in the blanks created by the syllabus. Thanks for all the help.
Later.

PS: What are all the possible IPT books that I can have a look at. I have seen cambridge, excel, hienaman, jacranda, and maquarie. Any more worth mentioning? Thanks again!

beebee1991

HSC
apparently there is actually a textbook that caters to the revised version of the course. the new Sam Davis textbook. My teacher has said that this is the only textbook that contains all content for the new syllabus. hope this helps

cwongquer

HSC
Sam D's txtbook has WAY too much crap (Or examples) in it, each chapter has like 60 pages in it...
You should end up with 3 or 4 pages MAX of important dotpoints (your notes) for each chapter...
There is so much friggin examples it's not funny..

beebee1991

HSC
cwongquer said:
Sam D's txtbook has WAY too much crap (Or examples) in it, each chapter has like 60 pages in it...
You should end up with 3 or 4 pages MAX of important dotpoints (your notes) for each chapter...
There is so much friggin examples it's not funny..
yeah thats true it goes way too in depth but apparently its the only one that actually has information on all syllabus dot points

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I would not worry about the textbook think they will have everything you need cos all they did is take stuff out of the syllabus, nothing new in there don't stress

Synergie

HSC
darshil said:
Well, we have transitioned into Year 12 IPT now, and a look at the new HSC Syllabus is really worrying some of my friends and I. Im sure our teacher is really great at teaching this revised course, but there are no textbooks to accomodate for the changes. What do you suggest we do? I guess I was just planning to use a variety of text/excercise books and fill in the blanks created by the syllabus. Thanks for all the help.
Later.

PS: What are all the possible IPT books that I can have a look at. I have seen cambridge, excel, hienaman, jacranda, and maquarie. Any more worth mentioning? Thanks again!
My HSC is in 2009 but was accelerated to HSC in 08, I have heard of the syllabus revisions. However, I have only heard what they have taken out of the course, if that is the only thing that has changed, then you and your teacher have no issues as he/she just doesnt look at that chapter/unit. If you can advise me on what has changed I can make some suggestions.

darshil

Replicant
HSC

driaxx

HSC
yeah thats true it goes way too in depth but apparently its the only one that actually has information on all syllabus dot points
It actually misses out on a few dot points. For everything else I guess your teacher should cover it - unless you have mine and he decides to teach you the old syllabus. I called the Board of Studies and asked them for recommendations but they only suggested I speak to my teacher as IPT by Sammuel Davis is the only book available to accommodate the new syllabus. That book appears to rush the content though, hence it missing out a few sections.

lopo69

HSC
N/A
I'm sure if you feel nervous about the exam, so would many others who are studying the new syllabus. I guess the best advice is to nag your teacher hard to teach more, and read more textbooks(go to your local library for more books) to get a more broader understanding.

Magagie

HSC
Hey all
I'm new at this, but i'm also in desperate need of help
We pointed out to our IPT teacher a few weeks ago that the syllabus was changed [yes we are slow] and so she quickly thought us the new Communication System's syllabus, but didn't realise everything else was changed.

So yes hsc in exactly two weeks, and my class only just realised that the rest was changed as well...

Help please? Any text books/material etc
Thank you

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
I suggest you just read the threads in this forum
there are links to sites of interest
the only textbook that has been written with the new syllabus in mind is the Sam Davis' one

Magagie

HSC
Thank you!
I ordered the textbook Davis textbook... i can't believe i'm going to be cramming it all the week before the exam
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)