ipt questions (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
for project management, system development. There is two approaches: Traditional method and Structure approach. is the System development life cycle for traditional or structure approach? thank u

dav53521

HSC
First I think traditional and structured are the same approach.

Anyway looking past that I would assume the system development life cycle applies to all approaches as you can't do any approach or methodology without planning, developing or testing your system and you will also need to maintain your system even after implementation.

HSC
okayy thank you so much. But is it worth knowing that there is two approaches- traditional and structured? If not, i will not remember it cause its confusing on which one follows the system development system

dav53521

HSC
okayy thank you so much. But is it worth knowing that there is two approaches- traditional and structured? If not, i will not remember it cause its confusing on which one follows the system development system
I would say no because the IPT syllabus says that traditional is one of the 6 system development approaches and structured approach is a SDD term so it would be considered out of syllybus for IPT

HSC
okay thanks. So im bit confused now. Cause in project management there are 5 stages for a system development (understanding the problem, planning, designing etc...) and I was not sure if this system development is for traditional approach {also known as waterfall method} or structured approach

dav53521

HSC
okay thanks. So im bit confused now. Cause in project management there are 5 stages for a system development (understanding the problem, planning, designing etc...) and I was not sure if this system development is for traditional approach {also known as waterfall method} or structured approach
I think that the 5 stages for system development apply to a lot of the methodologies as from what I can see in my quick skim through Davis as structured, agile and prototyping all use the system development cycle however, agile and prototyping have altered the cycle a bit as their methods of implementation are different.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)