IPT tectbook (1 Viewer)

Best ipt textbook

• Total voters

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
which ipt textbooks do u think is the best 2 study for?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i've said this a couple times... i use my teachers notes, heinemann and excel to make my notes for IPT...

bt heinemann is easy to understand and i think it is the best...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
miss_gtr said:
school gives us cambridge......piece of shit. i borrowed out heinemann on my own which is really great.. i have the macquarie revisions guide for IPT and i have heinmann palm cards for IPT.
there is a cambridge ipt book? ... i thought they only wrote maths books.... - although some q's in the maths cambridge book is ok.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My skool has given us Hienmann, Excel, Maquarie and Jacaranda...I find we only ever use Hienmann in class and when I "study" I use Excel and Hienmann....to me the others are useless

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we use the heinemann one.. love it- really easy to understand. and ive got the excel book and the little study card things..

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
_muse_ said:
we use the heinemann one.. love it- really easy to understand. and ive got the excel book and the little study card things..
oh the little card thingys must be in the new edition- i didn't get those lol

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Trev said:
I have only ever used Heinemann, who can be bothered to get more?! :rolleyes:
if everyone used heinemann... that means everyone will have the same exam mark- its called DIFFERENTIATION- your exam will look different and more refined --> better marks.

Pace_T

HSC
I use 3
heinemann and two others but i dont know what they are called....

HSC
don't know which is the best, our class including our teacher can only be bothered using Heinemann.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I use Heinemann

melsc said:
My skool has given us Hienmann, Excel, Maquarie and Jacaranda...I find we only ever use Hienmann in class and when I "study" I use Excel and Hienmann....to me the others are useless
Mel i thought u didnt "study"
U lie.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
miss_gtr said:
yeah im not sure if the heinemann cards are new editions, they dont come with the books..i bought them myself for $15
Heinemann cards?
never heard of them
i only have the book.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
I found the Cambridge very dry, boring and difficult to follow. Jacaranda is fairly good, especially for Automated Manufacturing.

IMO Jacaranda has the best exercises, but Heinemann has the best content (in terms of layout, clarity, depth). Although to be honest I only borrowed the others for revision, I really learnt off Heinemann only.

steelite

HSC
The Jacaranda is good and covers the Syllabus but Macquarie is excellent, keeps the points brief (since l only need it for revision occansionally) but very descriptive. If you want a full on explanation of these things either Jacaranda or Heinimann should do it.

Though Excel is a piece of shit

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
Heinemann is what we use, find it easy to understand...but i dont think that alone will help you cover the syllabus :rolleyes:

dorothygale

HSC
i voted cambridge because its the only one i've seen.. and partly just keeping hopeful, as this textbook is the only thing i have that is willing to teach me ipt... do u guys have good teachers?

HSC
dorothygale said:
i voted cambridge because its the only one i've seen.. and partly just keeping hopeful, as this textbook is the only thing i have that is willing to teach me ipt... do u guys have good teachers?
thats the $500,000 question on this forum.

dorothygale

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
thats the $500,000 question on this forum.
oh. lol, maybe i should read some of the other threads. so funny comparing the amount of threads on the ipt and english forums. bloody ipt. i still haven't figured out if i would like it if i had a teacher who cared i the slightest...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)