Iranian woman faces stoning for adultery (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

banco55

HSC
These people are barbaric savages:

An Iranian woman faces being stoned to death for having an affair with a married man.
Mother- of- two Mokarrameh Ebrahimi has spent the last 11 years in jail for adultery with Jafar Kiani.
Authorities in Tehran confirmed yesterday that Kiani had been executed last week. Now human rights groups fear 43-year-old Ebrahimi will suffer the same brutal fate.
A stoning pit, in which she will be buried up to her neck, has already been prepared for her.
Amnesty International UK director Kate Allen, launching an "urgent" appeal, said: "To execute anyone by stoning is barbaric and disgraceful, to execute a woman for adultery in this cruel way simply beggars belief.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=467588&in_page_id=1811

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_01/stoningDM_468x406.jpg

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
She wouldn't be in this situation if she didn't commit adultery in the first place. I have no sympathy for her at all.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
This backward nation of immense debauchery and incivillity threatens daily the western world in particular the State of Israel.

It's leader has incited to commit mass genocide and his clear unwillingness to abide by the rule of law is criminal. His people starve whilst he rampages on about the invasion of the West and seeks it's own retreat.

Yet people continue to critisise Israel? It makes you wonder.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
what is the western world? by that i hope you don't mean the white society, because that's what it sounds like to me. why can't you just say 'the world'?

stoning is pretty harsh for adultery. compare that to what we have here in developed countries (yet another substitution for western world), where no one gives a crap - hell, we even make tv series out of adultery. give that woman a break man.

can't the un do something about it? and they think china has no human rights.

nekobutterfly

HSC
It's pretty stupid...she has probably been in jail for a long time as well, that is too great a punishment for adultary.
Considering that we have films and high rating tv series which contain alot of adultary, we have no right to say that she diserves that treatment.
The rate of her being a terrorist is miniscule at most, she has been in jail what opportunities would she had? And , believe it or not, not every middle eastern person is a terrorist.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The law in that country says if you commit adultery you get stoned to death. If you don't want to be stoned to death DON'T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

I wouldn't randomly kill a bunch of people and then complain that being locked up for the rest of my life was unfair.

The laws here are irrelevant. Our values and TV shows are irrelevant.

rusticmetal

HSC
stoning is a bit harsh for adultery. i wonder what would happen if adultery was made punishable in the western world. what kinds of punishments would be seen as appropriate? would this result in less situations of it happening? more divorces? more suicides? (no stupid "everyone will be in jail" responses)

people's views?

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Well it is a perfect way to deflect Public attention from their loonie President Ahmedinazad's failure such as Petrol shortage, starvation, inflation, poverty, UN sanction and such. I feel sorry for Persians that their country has been Islamised in the first place by arabs. Their sufferings will never end.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The law in that country says if you commit adultery you get stoned to death. If you don't want to be stoned to death DON'T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW.

I wouldn't randomly kill a bunch of people and then complain that being locked up for the rest of my life was unfair.

The laws here are irrelevant. Our values and TV shows are irrelevant.
you're a bloody moron mate. don't take it personally, but that's what you're saying about yourself by saying stuff like that.

things like these happen around the world remind us how lucky we are. how you managed to miss the whole message behind this news article goes to show what a brainless moron you are mate.

we are not saying she did not break the law, but we are saying the punishment does not fit the crime. iran probably let a killer get away with 20yrs behind bars and stone a woman to death because she slept with someone else besides her husband. what kind of message is the govt sending to the women in the country? don't get married, otherwise you're stuck with the same dick for the rest of your life? ridiculous mate, you have to use your brains a little.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
wuddie said:
you're a bloody moron mate. don't take it personally, but that's what you're saying about yourself by saying stuff like that.

things like these happen around the world remind us how lucky we are. how you managed to miss the whole message behind this news article goes to show what a brainless moron you are mate.

we are not saying she did not break the law, but we are saying the punishment does not fit the crime. iran probably let a killer get away with 20yrs behind bars and stone a woman to death because she slept with someone else besides her husband. what kind of message is the govt sending to the women in the country? don't get married, otherwise you're stuck with the same dick for the rest of your life? ridiculous mate, you have to use your brains a little.
But yet she knew the law, the punishment that went along with the law, and yet still committed adultery.

I personally disagree with the punishment, as it is horribly disproportionate in retrospect to the "crime" at hand, but what I think is irrelevant. What any of us think is irrelevant.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but neither is iamsickofyear12.

nekobutterfly

HSC
I was simply replying to someone message whom said that she deserved it, we have no right to say that she deserved it considering what we let happen here.

I think this case shows the tryannical and autocratic rule in a new light. This women it destined to be stoned for her crime after she has spent a long time in jail so what should be done to rulers that treat their country so poorly?

Last edited:

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
Maybe we should protest outside iranian embassy? I don't think it will make them change their ISLAMIC INJUSTICE but just to give the poor girl some moral support :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
The punishment does fit the crime. Maybe you don't think so but what you think is irrelevant. You can't apply your values to a legal system on the other side of the world. They are allowed to decide their punishments based on their own values and culture. They have decided that adultery is worth being stoned to death and you have no right to question that just because you don't believe in it.

Their interpretation of Islamic Law says adultery is punishable by death, their method of killing people is stoning, and they support it because those are their values.
Our country says adultery is not a criminal offense and everyone supports it because those are our values.
You have no right to force your values on other people in another country with their own way of doing things.

You also can't just ignore the fact that she broke the law just because you don't think the punishment fits the crime. If she didn't break the law she wouldn't be in this situation. It is as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)