Is ANU Law any good? (1 Viewer)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I wasn't so sure how to look at this, ANU is one of Australia's G8s but it is mainly a science uni, so I was wondering is Law any good there since the cut off is a 96 compared to the typical 99.5's we see in Sydney.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Yes it is apparently fantastic. Note that the cut-off is only that low because of less demand, not because the course is of any lower quality. The lesser demand relative to say usyd or unsw can partly be attributed to the fact that simply more students live in nsw and thus usyd and unsw are more convenient and accessible

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Yes it is apparently fantastic. Note that the cut-off is only that low because of less demand, not because the course is of any lower quality. The lesser demand relative to say usyd or unsw can partly be attributed to the fact that simply more students live in nsw and thus usyd and unsw are more convenient and accessible
hmm yeah i was assuming that, I'd guess since most people go for science low demand for Law, but the course in itself should be fine since its ANU.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I suggest you perhaps ask someone who has gone to ANU for some first-hand feedback too :) or ask the uni directly on their website for deets about the course

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I suggest you perhaps ask someone who has gone to ANU for some first-hand feedback too :) or ask the uni directly on their website for deets about the course

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ANU Law School is very, very well regarded/has prestige, don't let the cut off fool you, it's simply a demand thing because it's in Canberra.

moocow920

HSC
Yep, as far as I know great course, cutoff is just because of supply and demand nothing to do with course quality. My dad works partially in recruitment in a large worldwide law firm and he was saying just the other day he looks very favourably on that course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)