Is anyone doing 5 units of history? (1 Viewer)

owoodley

Persephone87
I'd die if I did Modern, its just a completely different way of thinking! Plus I am not interested in any 'history' past 1900. That for me is too much like contemporary context

---------------------------

I am doing 5 units of history; ancient, modern and extension. The study in all of these courses can be incorporated well with each other. So that's a good factor in being interested in history.

Persephone, you said that mod history is too much like contemporary context for you?? This is a bit of a generalisation.... Please explain?? After all it IS called Modern History, and it does deal with issues and events relating to the development of the current world....

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Persephone means just that. Sometimes people arent interested in the politics of contemporary events. I love Modern and hate Ancient so I can see why people would feel the opposite.

veriante

HSC
I am~
It's actually pretty good...
I'm way better at Ancient though. There's only two of us doing Extension history at our school...and I'm the only one doing 5 units. there's another one doing 4 units of history though.

Barb

yep all 5 units for me also. glad i dropped society and culture at the end of yr 11 though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)