is anyone else feeling LOST at uni? (1 Viewer)

LolaBell

HSC
I'm feeling so lost at uni. I don't understand how I'm going to study without a proper syllabus???

enoilgam

HSC
I think the vast majority of people feel lost and overwhelmed with it on the first day/week. Just give it a few weeks and you will settle into things and start getting into a rhythm. It's quite normal to feel like this.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Been there for a year.

Still fucked without a syllabus.

You can find some of them in some places though.

LolaBell

HSC
I just don't understand how I'm supposed to make notes or know what to study :s
The lectures I have gone to so far have been so strange and filled with random things

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
The lectures I have gone to so far have been so strange and filled with random things
What course you doing?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Make notes based on the subject guide, it should have the outcomes.

builder2818

HSC
I felt this way in my first semester last year. I was trying to summarise the lecture notes and the text and found myself writing pages and pages of useless information. I know the feeling of the lectures sometimes talking about strange content - usually it's because I have become disinterested and my mind wanders.

I have to say though, youtube can be a big lifesaver for your study.....If there is something you are not sure on, search for a video in youtube. So far I have found it really interesting to watch a 10 minute video that a lecturer may spend 1 hour explaining.

I think the other most important thing is make sure you understand the subject/lecture objectives for each works work. Doing the homework or textbook questions will help you heaps.

HSC
I felt this way in my first semester last year. I was trying to summarise the lecture notes and the text and found myself writing pages and pages of useless information. I know the feeling of the lectures sometimes talking about strange content - usually it's because I have become disinterested and my mind wanders.

I have to say though, youtube can be a big lifesaver for your study.....If there is something you are not sure on, search for a video in youtube. So far I have found it really interesting to watch a 10 minute video that a lecturer may spend 1 hour explaining.

I think the other most important thing is make sure you understand the subject/lecture objectives for each works work. Doing the homework or textbook questions will help you heaps.
Excellent idea! :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's being taught, assume it's examinable.

In all honesty, it isn't hard.

You should have some idea what the unit entails before you start it.

HSC
At uni they didn't give us the course outlines are we meant to look at it on the website? I go to UWS. I'm also in the same boat have no idea what to study and i'm scared..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
At uni they didn't give us the course outlines are we meant to look at it on the website? I go to UWS. I'm also in the same boat have no idea what to study and i'm scared..
Not sure about UWS, but course outlines can often be found on Blackboard or whatever the uni's equivalent is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)