Not open for further replies.

Jessica14

HSC
dw... i can forsee myself failing english paper 2 tomorrow

i shouldve paid attention in class instead of doing sudoku puzzles

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I just hope the Chem exam is nothing like the 2004 HSC. For some reason that one's giving me a really hard time, even with my notes with me.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jessica14 said:
dw... i can forsee myself failing english paper 2 tomorrow

i shouldve paid attention in class instead of doing sudoku puzzles
But sudokus are awesome!

Apap

HSC
My first post ever, and I heart this thread, I'm going into the English trial tommorow knowing NOTHING, except that I'm going to come out to an angry English teacher :(

HSC
there's 10 000+ kiddies doing the hsc every year, there's bound to be a few who are in the same boat as you :)

MzTupac

HSC
absolutLaura.. wtf iz rong wif u tke da pic of jesus off u disrespectful bitch

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
trivedir said:
im over it, but its not too bad. the hsc is the just the start of ur working life and independance - not the end..
i'd have to disagree. start of your independence? possibly - although i don't see how living at home and having to submit to the whims of your parents AND overzealous teachers in independence.

start of your working life? if you are entering a career which requires you to work days, weeknights, weekends, and holidays (and the hardest kind of work - memorising) than i pity you. almost all jobs the majority of us will be going into are nine to five - not to mention there is years of lax university before a lot of us get thata far. no, almost everyone i have talked to on the topic has been pretty much agreed: the HSC might be as difficult as a high-powered degree like law, but excluding a couplle of others, it is nothing like real life.

screwed if i want to be in this much pressure AFTER-hours for the rest of life. is this is what my working life is going to be like, then i quit in advance :S

i think i might become a janitor, or something. :D

Vicly

HSC Victim
HSC
Rachael21 said:
I'm not over the HSC, I'm over english!! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! Whoever devised the english syllabus and made english compulsory should be shot. Seriously, who cares about the different view points of an imaginative journey? How is that ever going to help anybody in real life? It shouldn't even be called english, it should be called trivial studies. English doesn't even test your abilities in english, it tests your memory and if you have alzheimers, like me, then you're screwed! I haven't learnt one thing about english in highschool. I'm gonna leave school not being able to spell and not knowing what an adjective is but i'll know that Coleridge was a freakin weirdo who enjoyed imagining things...great, I hate you Coleridge.
Hear Hear.

Well said. It seems reasonable that English is compulsary in Australia but the course renders that idea ridiculous.

bellinda

HSC
are you guys on about trials...

god im gonna die.. wrote 11 pages for both english papers. didnt finsish creative writing and had to stop writting paper 2 cause my hand was to sore.. how do u physicay write 9 pages for one section... agh.. .. now im gonna go and try and write math and modern today.. agh!

very very very very much over the hsc...

hmmm... anyway.. good luck everyone!!!!

oh and please excuse the spelling... i cant bebother fixing it and iv had little sleep..

:bomb: :bomb:

monialrite

HSC
my names moni and im very much over the trials

i am sexy :D

luv u long time bruthas xxx

jessica16390

HSC
yeah ofcourse were all over it but think about it theres only wat 2 months unit ITS ALL over

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
yeah ofcourse were all over it but think about it theres only wat 2 months unit ITS ALL over

and then its party time!!!
wooot
skoolies here we come :D:D

J Biddy

HSC
Totally over it, but as has been pointed out there is little over two months to go. Did anybody else start their trials really late??? It's Thursday 9/8/2007 and I've only just completed English paper 1 and 2. And I have extension tomorrow.....

anaoum

HSC
yay guys... ive done 4/6 exams... only english paper two tom and eco next week!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i can handle the hsc.

go and appreciate the fact we are free to choose subjects of our choice, with the exception of english, why get stressed about it ?

its not like we are in year 10 where maths, science, history and geography were compulsory compared to now.

Russdog

russell
HSC
campbellleo said:
sorry if i'm breaking the thread of the conversation a little here, but for anyone else who is stressing out, and who doesn't have a specific goal (as in, they are applying for university next year, and that is all they want to do), just don't.

i think that almost all of the important, interesting people in the world would do horribly at the HSC, because listening to every banal word that your teachers say and spending your days studying instead of experiencing life has never, ever been a positive character trait.

i don't mean to insult anyone who is working toward a goal - if that is what you want, i salute you. but in all honesty, i am sceptical of anyone who says they know what they want at this age and stage of their life.

if you examine your vague career aspirations, please, take money out of the equation at least. nobody was every happy from having money. i just got back from a holiday to thailand (in the middle of my HSC year! woohoo!) and those dirt-poor kids are happier than any i have ever seen in australia.

and even if you have a fairly good idea of what you want, or you want to keep you options open, remember two things. number one: going straight into uni before you experience at least some part of the world outside of school is NEVER a good thing. number two: this is supposed to be the best part of your life.

the teachers and parents tell you that you have to study and work, so you can be successful in later life. what-the-fuck-ever! from now on, whoever tells you that study got them where they were, take a step back and see if they are even happy where they are. i know half my teachers aren't, and the few who are happy are telling me 'stay the fuck out of university for a while'.

i mean, there is so, so, so much more to life than material success. i find it so ironic we can be studying poets like Coleridge, and being told to memorise, learn that, study this, prepare that, but all the time we are ignoring the biggest joke: we are inside doing this when Coleridge is screaming at us how pointless it is! he is telling us to imagine, to think, to live, not to memorise...

it really is horrible the way the education system is set up. i say, almost anyone who is actually pursuing something real in life would be fairly relaxed about this exams. i mean, they are so arbitrary: they dont measure someone's worth, just their willingness to sacrifice their time for something that is very close to useless. screwed if i want to win THAT category.

phew! rantage. well, i have english paper two trial tomorrow, so i guess i should... study, or something? ;)

interested to hear your views...
fugg man, fully agree on all your points. my older brother went to uni and did a degree, pretty much just because he got the UAI for it, and he could. now after doing his degree (which he hasn't even really used yet) he's travelling and in a band, etc.. he reckons I'd be so much better off taking a year or so off to save up some money, then travel, find out what I really love in life and come back and do it. a lot of others (including teachers) have told me the exact same thing. I have no fucking idea how to decide on my future at my age (but those ppl who do have massif skillz), and I'd rather make the best of having fun, travelling etc, while I'm still young, than miss half my youth studying a degree I eventually find out I'm not interested in, or not even going to use.

I don't see why people think it's so important to go straight to uni or into a career. what's the difference between being 18 at uni, or making the best of your last teenage years travelling and partying, and going to uni/career at 22?

Last edited:

Russdog

russell
HSC
f3nr15 said:
i can handle the hsc.

go and appreciate the fact we are free to choose subjects of our choice, with the exception of english, why get stressed about it ?

its not like we are in year 10 where maths, science, history and geography were compulsory compared to now.
none of the things I was interested in when I chose my subjects, I am still interested in. like in year 10 I loved computers, so I chose IPT and SDD, now I fgn hate computers to the extreme..

anaoum

HSC
Russdog said:
fugg man, fully agree on all your points. my older brother went to uni and did a degree, pretty much just because he got the UAI for it, and he could. now after doing his degree (which he hasn't even really used yet) he's travelling and in a band, etc.. he reckons I'd be so much better off taking a year or so off to save up some money, then travel, find out what I really love in life and come back and do it. a lot of others (including teachers) have told me the exact same thing. I have no fucking idea how to decide on my future at my age (but those ppl who do have massif skillz), and I'd rather make the best of having fun, travelling etc, while I'm still young, than miss half my youth studying a degree I eventually find out I'm not interested in, or not even going to use.

I don't see why people think it's so important to go straight to uni or into a career. what's the difference between being 18 at uni, or making the best of your last teenage years travelling and partying, and going to uni/career at 22?
why not party and go to uni!!!!... and travel after uni

i guess ive enjured almost 12 years of agony so far. so why not take 4 more. make them fun. and then get it all over and done with.

and plus im pretey sure on the course i wanna do. provided i get my uai!... bloody uai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)