Is anyone else's school doing the same? (1 Viewer)

nonconformist_

HSC
I've already completed my Biology Prac assessment (which i thought was EASY!). I have General Maths on Tuesday and Legal and Modern History both in week 10.
Not sure if our schools science faculty is giving us our Chem exam this term though :blink2:

Sendoh08

HSC
Basically my school is flooding me with assesments for every subject in the space of about two weeks, this seems a little ridiculous. Anyone else's school like this?
I had the same thing last year. I heard from most of my other selective school friends that its really common =)

funstudy

HSC
Take it one at a time- if you use your time according to the weighting, plan ahead of time and do them in order you should be fine. remember it's just the beginnign of Yr12 for you guys- not the be all and end all!

Sendoh08

HSC
Take it one at a time- if you use your time according to the weighting, plan ahead of time and do them in order you should be fine. remember it's just the beginnign of Yr12 for you guys- not the be all and end all!
+ 1

fionarykim

HSC
yepp yeeppp
for us we even have our 'exam week' in week 9 or 10!!
thats crazy!! our hsc exams for all subjects starts in like 4 weeks!
im dying :p

distinction

HSC
Same :( But i thought this was normal? We've been doing this like since forever

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I've had literally 1-2 weeks apart for all my assessments so far. This has been a really relaxed/chilled term. We get a lot done in class, but assessment wise it has been well planned.

I'm sure most of you are all going to get your study 'technically' done by these xmas holidays. (woo 9 weeks of xmas study XD)

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A lot of schools like to have one assessment task in each subject before the end of this term (25% into the course) but students need to have something on which to be assessed so it has to be later in the term. My school used to mandate that the last week of term (week 7 or 8) was a Year 11/12 assessment week but that has become more relaxed now with some assessments in one week and the others in the next and some subjects holding off until week 2 of term 1 next year.

nifkeh

HSC
Basically my school is flooding me with assesments for every subject in the space of about two weeks, this seems a little ridiculous. Anyone else's school like this?
well, our assessment exam week, all exams are squashed into 1 week, that is week 8

nifkeh

HSC
Lol @ some of you guys who are complaining about a 2 week assessment period.

My assessments are from 28th Nov - 4th Dec (1 week). I have MX2, MX1, 2U, Eng Adv, Chem, Eco, Legal. Eco and MX2 on same day. So yep, cuntsfucked.
I have english and ancient on same day, and physics prac and maths ext 1 on same day

everfree

HSC
Eh, assessments in our school are all in Week 9, but that provides us with a formidable amount of time to study beforehand, of course. Is anyone else not having their English Advanced assessment this term?

I am the Law

HSC
Yea man I estimate this to be the case for a majority of current yr 12 students. This gives us adequate time within the six week holidays to study for half yearlies in term 1 and some in week 2.

thats the harsh reality of yr12 bro :)

resourceater

HSC
Yes, I feel as if the faculties are all colluding..

"oh, resourceater has a sunday free?"

"that cannot be!"

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yea man I estimate this to be the case for a majority of current yr 12 students. This gives us adequate time within the six week holidays to study for half yearlies in term 1 and some in week 2.

thats the harsh reality of yr12 bro :)
We're lucky our teachers weren't cunts and gave us our assignment much earlier then usual. Lets be honest, we have it much better then most people here in terms of the time we have.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a good way to prepare you for the stress of assessments/exams. A 2 week gap is PLENTY for assessments - stop complaining.

suprwoman101

HSC
Death weeks is 7+8.

I think they try to break the record each year for the amount of students having a complete nervous breakdown over assessments during death weeks.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Have to say, my school has been incredibly good with these first assessments.
Week 5- Modern
Week 6- Ext 2 English Viva and English Adv
Week 7- Ancient (also maths for those who do it)
Week 8- Business

Pretty evenly spaced :)

Jessicaz2910

HSC
be grateful yours is over 2 weeks, mine is exams/assessments in 1 week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)