Is CAFS a girl subject? Are there any guys doing it? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Re: Is CAFS a girl subject

Because there is a trend among males and females.
There are more males studying the more technical and scientifically intensive subjects (e.g Physics and IPT)
On the other hand the more, how can I put it ... the basic or society-based subjects are more of a interest among girls (e.g Biology, CAFS and S&C).

That explains the absence of girls in Physics at my school and the absence of boys in CAFS at my school (They even run together during the HSC, what a juxtaposition!).

munchybuddy

HSC

Last year we started off wid like 7 guys and then 5 dropped it. Then at the start of this year the remainding 2 uys also dropped it. So yea i think its a girls subject, we luv it cause its like our gossip class:) :)

Beebulls

HSC

Not a girls class, as most other people have been saying, stereotypically its a girls class, but it's for anyone, we have 2 guys in our class, guys are the minority, but if this whole stereotypical thing would just stop there's be alot more guys doing CAFS and more girls doing engineering

spythan

HSC
N/A

kkkkaitlyn said:
weve got 4 guys in a class of 18
we've only got one guy... boy he's lucky!:uhhuh:

stophomophobia

HSC

I dont believe that CAFS is a girls subject but i know that most of those clasesse are female dominated

B-LUX

HSC

i agree with stophomophobia, in my CAFS class their are only 14 of us and all girls but i do have to say that its not a girly subject i think boys would like it to.

- B-LUX

SunshineStorm

HSC
Re: Is CAFS a girl subject?

well at my school we had a cafs class of approx 12.
we had one guy.
he's fantastic! :) we sit together and have the best conversations.
the only thing he didnt do was take the baby... it was optional, and he chose not to.
i thought it was quite understandable.

but my point is: though cafs is very much a female dominated course, it is not restricted too females. males can do the course for a variety of reasons from personal interest to it being useful for their future occupations.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
CAFS Any Guy Doing IT?

Hey everyone,
just a question with next year with community and familyt studies, in my class there is about 5 guys in a class of 12 is that normal, I heard from someone that CAFs was a Girls subject etc. Is that normal or am I just paranoid - are there any guys doing CAFS in the HSC? :confused:

TunaFish

HSC
Re: CAFS Any Guy Doing IT?

I don't think there's anything wrong with you studying CAFS. Although there are naturally going to be more girls, than guys.
If you enjoy the course and do well, then who cares what other people think?

I go to an all girls school, and I'm going to try it next year. :)
But I highly suspect that I will drop it within the first few weeks.

Rhystah

HSC
Well, In my class there are about 5 dudes vs 23 girls in the class. Seems dominated, but I'm thinking that CAFS has a somewhat link to Primary School teaching.
Primary school teaching seems to be pretty dominated by women (using an example from my Primary, 30 girls and 6 guys), and there is also psychiatry.

Maybe girls dominate it because of the possible career chances. God I hope a question like that doesn't come up anywhere during an exam.

flamebot619

HSC
in one sense yes as it primarily is done by girls but im a guy and im doing it

KhyryKay

HSC
there is one guy in my grade doing the subject and his beating everyone from yeaar 11 and still number 1 near the end of year 12.

Rhystah

HSC
At the moment im coming 2nd next to the smartest girl in my grade :p so im happy

I see were your coming from. I think guys view it as "parenthood" and other things they would find useless.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
Rhystah said:
Well, In my class there are about 5 dudes vs 23 girls in the class. Seems dominated, but I'm thinking that CAFS has a somewhat link to Primary School teaching.
Primary school teaching seems to be pretty dominated by women (using an example from my Primary, 30 girls and 6 guys), and there is also psychiatry.

Maybe girls dominate it because of the possible career chances. God I hope a question like that doesn't come up anywhere during an exam.
i think CAFS is more geared towards community welfare type careers actually

*Squid*

HSC
yeah, we had a guy in our class, no 1 really cared 2 much. my old skool had more guys in it than girls!!!

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
At our school, those who don't do maths, either General or Mathematics, has to do CAFS.

1 boy and 2 girls do it from my year. (There's 16 people in my year).

Virious

HSC
There is only one guy in my year that does CAFS. But i dont think it is a girl subject, it just appeals to girls more.​

aLexTasyy

HSC
we have 2 guys out of 18 students in my year 11 cafs class...although i suppose they will drop it next year...i dont blame them its shit anyway....to much describing shit you should arlready know

Focus is Key

HSC
Bumping this thread to say girls only doing/being good at CAFS is a ludicrous stereotype. Approximately 50-55 students completed the CAFS Prelim course with 7/60 being boys. The top two both consisted of boys, showing the idea of CAFS being a 'girl's subject' is rubbish. Apart from perhaps the 'Parenting and Caring' section, the course is entirely gender-neutral, with some being perhaps even more geared toward boys (Research Methodologies etc.). It seems quite strange the boys who do choose CAFS typically do very well at it.

aMouldyTaco

HSC
im the only guy in my class of 30, i think its a great subject and im coming first!
(not sexist just saying)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)