is chemistry hard for you (1 Viewer)

Crashy19

HSC
is chemistry hard for you?

i was always good at the sciences in 7-10 and actually liked the chemistry we did in those years. but this whole chemistry as a subject is just overload!!!

anyone else feel this way?

it makes me go a bit bad in the exam situation... got any solns if you have had this problem??

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Re: is chemistry hard for you?

Crashy19 said:
i was always good at the sciences in 7-10 and actually liked the chemistry we did in those years. but this whole chemistry as a subject is just overload!!!

it makes me go a bit bad in the exam situation... got any solns if you have had this problem??
Hello.

Year 7 to 10 science was rather nice. It didn't go that far in depth though. Chemistry to me was a bit challenging but like all sciences, it was about how things worked. I really liked the experiments we did but never got to do before year 11.

Exam Tips~
-answer basic textbook questions (to reinforce knowledge)

-try to do some exam papers (you'd be surprised to know which questions are always turning up in exams eg Haber Process, Le Chatelier's Principle etc)

-try to answer the questions raised by syllabus dot points. If you can, you're on a roll!

-you should have a glossary of key words you should know (eg Bronsted-Lowry, Haber process....). If you can define them, you're also on a roll!

-do the practice MCQ on BoardOfStudies.

-do practise calculations. A big chunk of the exam is calculating.

Good luck!:)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
im not lieing.... my class did not learn a single bit of science from years 7-10......... the teacher would sit down and just do her thing............ . in year 11 and 12... when i started chemistry... i was like ... .WTF? i was struggling through the basics... i bought the "Dot point" chemistry book and sucess one book and everything made more sense to me....... get those books. :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Success One is lovely! It gives you questions that cover everything!....If you keep doing it over and over again you'll find it repetitive which is good (because it means you understand it inside out and back to front).

:D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
I suppose my teachers in 7-10 did a very good job in getting us started in chemistry and other science subjects.

We were already introduced concepts such as model of an atom, ions, and enthalphy (a very basic level) before going into year 11.

Year11 and 12 is tough, though it's handle-able.

Crashy19

HSC
thanks all
i just did my trial and im pretty confident about it
for some reason, the stuff i studied just click 3 days before
i don't know how or why, but im glad it has

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

Crashy19 said:

yeah same.
xD lol it feels terrible haha.

i used to only enjoy the chemistry & biology component though.
parents wanted me to pick phys ... biggest mistake. always hated phys ><"

but yeah , all the yr 12 chem stuff. I had a crap teacher take us in year 11 , so there goes our "assumed knowlege". plus the stuff this year is so confusing ><

beentherdunthat

HSC

xclusv2bhung said:
yeah same.

i used to only enjoy the chemistry & biology component though.
parents wanted me to pick phys ... biggest mistake. always hated phys ><"

but yeah , all the yr 12 chem stuff. I had a crap teacher take us in year 11 , so there goes our "assumed knowlege". plus the stuff this year is so confusing ><
yeah chem and bio clash really well

Phys.... NO COMMENT

Crashy19

HSC

xclusv2bhung said:
yeah same.
its so bad hey. most people understand it straight away too, which is even worse

xclusv2bhung said:
well i had a pretty good one, but i couldn't (and cant) understand it
so we have the same prob
although it may be in a different context

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

chemistry and physics have received major overhauls.

in both subjects, the old course contained so much theory content teachers mostly skipped pracs.

physics was insanely mathematical, i would have failed it if i did physics many years ago.
chemistry had too much ridiculous content than now, would not be able to remember it all as well.

look at the marking centre notes of the OLD course (e.g 1995) for either subject and kids say stuff like "we didn't do this" at the practical questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)