Is Civil engineering the easiest engineering (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
My interpretation has been that Enviromental and chem are the "easy" engineers, mechanical variety and civil are the next hardest and electrical is the most hardest.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
My interpretation has been that Enviromental and chem are the "easy" engineers, mechanical variety and civil are the next hardest and electrical is the most hardest.
chem eng is not easy. fluids and thermo get absolutely crazy.

inhinyero

HSC
any1 that thinks engineering is easy is stupid.
I love this one very much!!!! I think all engineering studes (or engineers already) would agree to the one quoted above. Sure, engineering is hard and hardest of all. Deal with it mates!!! Cheers

Joel8945

HSC
Hi guys i would like your views on this, i have heard from a few people that civil engineering is the easiest out of the engineering courses, how does civil compare to say chemical, software or electrical?

Also if assuming civil is the easiest why are most of the engineering courses have the same uai cutoff mark of 85. I understand that uai means the demand but shouldnt the diffculty of the course come into play as well??
My view is that the hardest engineering area is mechatronic engineering! This field of engineering is where the brainiacs come in and design all the smart products. This field takes mechanical, electrical and software and fuses them all together to make mechatronic! Then I would say that chemical and electrical is probably on a par but then again I have the option to do electrical and not chemical :burn: (I love chemistry, I just love physics more), then I would say mechanical.

Civil is conisidered easy because it deals with statics whilst mechanical and the others deal with dynamics in which you can alter a lot more variables.

Electrical requires you to learn about circuit theory and (prove me wrong cos I do this next semester) you also use Boolean algebra with a lot of circuits.

As for the high school pre-requisites I think it more depends on whether you are jumping straight into one field or do a general degree (like what I am doing) which exposes you to everything. If you want to do robotics or aeronautics and get into the real technical and specific stuff it may require varying high school marks based on the demand and difficulty.

hotdimsim

HSC
Civil is conisidered easy because it deals with statics whilst mechanical and the others deal with dynamics in which you can alter a lot more variables.
In further years of civil you start incorporating more live load calcs into design, so trying to connect a structures deformation and load capabilities to the movement of feet, or wind into a bridge, or a plane into a building (which the twin towers were actually designed with this in consideration, irony) must be in conjunction with the allowed overall deflection of a structure. This is like meeting dynamics with statics to make something safe and usable.

ps im not trying to shut you down, just i had the same perception and then a 4th year doing his thesis threw a rant like that at me lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)