Is doing 10 units going to lower my atar (1 Viewer)

nancyb

HSC
I recently dropped extension 1 maths and business studies because I just found them both difficult not only that I just wasn't motivated when I was in year 11 to even study for them. But I have heard doing only ten units can make it risky for my atar. I am aiming for an 80 atar and want to go university.
I am even doing low scaled subjects which also may lower my atar

PDHPE
Ancient history
Maths (2 units)
Biology
English ( standard)

Does anyone know if it is possible with these subjects to get a high atar ??

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Just study hard for ur exams and u should be fine.. 10 units just means no slacking off cause u have no "safety-net". And yes, it's possible to get a high atar with ur subjects.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
80 ATAR is achievable and you could surprise yourself with how much potential you have with those subjects, take it this way though I did 11 units and I did Extension English, I gave it my all and I got 44/50 but it didn't even count... With 10 units you at least know everything is going to count so give every one of your subjects 100% effort.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you get good marks for all of them you won't have any issue achieving a high atar. I had fairly poor scaling subs and still managed to go respectably well.

My advice would be to try and ace standard eng as much as possible. I got 87 which is quite difficult and it still dragged my atar down. Only 40ish people in the state get a b6 for standard so just try your best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)