is doing 10units really risk ???????? need help (1 Viewer)

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Now i'm doing 12 units : 4U math, chem ,physics , ESL , engineering study

i'm thinking to drop engineering study which is really hard for me
i'm pretty good on the rest subjects

should i drop it ? and btw i wanna do engineering in Uni, so that makes me really worry
will it be the same in Uni ? will this mean i will be screwed in uni again ?

thank everyone
Ps. sorry for my poor English :shy:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why you'd drop it though. If you want to do engineering at university but are struggling with it in high school, it might be able of a trouble.

Anyway, the risk of 10 units is by far over-inflated. You're not going to benefit by wasting time in class getting low marks and not using that time to consolidate your other subjects.

zombies

HSC
Anyway, the risk of 10 units is by far over-inflated. You're not going to benefit by wasting time in class getting low marks and not using that time to consolidate your other subjects.
Agreed.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
maybe because i think i already got by best 10units so this's like wasting my time, i'm not sure that's why i'm asking
i wanna know how's engineering in uni ? is it like HSC engineering ?

thank u : )

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
maybe because i think i already got by best 10units so this's like wasting my time, i'm not sure that's why i'm asking
i wanna know how's engineering in uni ? is it like HSC engineering ?

thank u : )
Hey there!

I would suggest you do drop down to 10 units. The only reason you would need to do any extra units is if you enjoy any other subjects or if you truly feel that something unexpected might occur and your exams somehow go awry. But the thing is, if you work hard, that will not happen; if you put in consistent effort, there is simply no chance that you will do badly. Don't waste your time with an extra subject, while you could be furthering what you are already seemingly proficient at.

I personally do not wish to do engineering at University, however, I know of a couple of people who did engineering at Girraween High and went on to do engineering at University. I can talk to them if you wish, and let you know.

Good Luck!

Coookies

HSC
Why do you even want to do engineering? If its a good enough reason, it should motivate you to be good in that subject.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there!

I would suggest you do drop down to 10 units. The only reason you would need to do any extra units is if you enjoy any other subjects or if you truly feel that something unexpected might occur and your exams somehow go awry. But the thing is, if you work hard, that will not happen; if you put in consistent effort, there is simply no chance that you will do badly. Don't waste your time with an extra subject, while you could be furthering what you are already seemingly proficient at.

I personally do not wish to do engineering at University, however, I know of a couple of people who did engineering at Girraween High and went on to do engineering at University. I can talk to them if you wish, and let you know.

Good Luck!
Oh thank u so much, i will be waiting for that : )

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Why do you even want to do engineering? If its a good enough reason, it should motivate you to be good in that subject.
I thought it would apply more math or science stuff, but actually what i have learnt are materials or history or effect to social stuff, which is a bit boring

Simmo590

HSC
i do engineering and i will defs drop it and do 10 units in year 12. simply because i think its more beneficial if i am doing less subjects and able to spend more time on the subjects i actually enjoy. just sayin'

D94

HSC
N/A
I thought it would apply more math or science stuff, but actually what i have learnt are materials or history or effect to social stuff, which is a bit boring
Well, engineering does involve history. Learning about historical failures and why they occurred is pertinent to anything related to engineering. Plus, the history part is very short, just a small introduction to each topic. Materials is definitely related to engineering (and I believe for most streams, you will do units on materials), and the social aspect is also important to engineering. Maybe your concept of engineering is misconstrued.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
i do engineering and i will defs drop it and do 10 units in year 12. simply because i think its more beneficial if i am doing less subjects and able to spend more time on the subjects i actually enjoy. just sayin'
cool , and because my engineering mark is really bad ,
i got 90+ in chem and physics but i got just 66 in engineering : (

enoilgam

HSC
Doing ten units is a good decision to make if your strong in 10 units but weak in your others. In this case, its best to drop the weaker units because they probably wont count anyway. If your pretty strong in all units, then dropping to 10 probably isnt a good idea. So in your case I would drop. Also, if your struggling with engineering now, why do you want to do it at uni?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Drop to 10 if you're confident you can do well in those 10

No point wasring ur time on a subject you dont care about and are not doing well in

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Doing ten units is a good decision to make if your strong in 10 units but weak in your others. In this case, its best to drop the weaker units because they probably wont count anyway. If your pretty strong in all units, then dropping to 10 probably isnt a good idea. So in your case I would drop. Also, if your struggling with engineering now, why do you want to do it at uni?
I don't know, maybe i got nothing else to do, I'm ok with science and math , and because i been in australia for like a year so my english is quite bad therefore business/finance are not good for me. also even i love science and math but i still don't wanna do science in Uni coz i think it's really hard to find job. therefore i end up with engineering

alexus10096

HSC
Amen to that! No matter which subject it is, if you like it you will always do better

crazy_paki123

HSC
should seriously drop to 10, I kept physics for a bit but it just didnt click. after dropping it i find that i have much more time now rather than wasting it! :)

lilly luta

HSC
Just do 10 if you don't like Engineering, I love all my frees <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)