is engineering super hard (1 Viewer)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Do chemical engineering for the chicks, if you don't want to be surrounded by all boys.

Obviously this is a horrible way to choose your engineering pathway.

exactly that's why you made the wise choice not to do engineering from the first place lol

rx34

HSC
exactly that's why you made the wise choice not to do engineering from the first place lol
Lol, I did made a wise choice. My whole family is full of engineers- dad's civil, 1st uncle is civil, 2nd uncle is chem and my sister is mech. I'm happy I didn't go down this pathway. Anyhoo, math and engineering is not my thing. My hat is off to those who can get a distinction average in engineering. All the best guys :)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Lol, I did made a wise choice. My whole family is full of engineers- dad's civil, 1st uncle is civil, 2nd uncle is chem and my sister is mech. I'm happy I didn't go down this pathway. Anyhoo, math and engineering is not my thing. My hat is off to those who can get a distinction average in engineering. All the best guys :)

i applaud your family of engineers

a true inspiration they are hehe

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
Do chemical engineering for the chicks, if you don't want to be surrounded by all boys.

Obviously this is a horrible way to choose your engineering pathway.
What's wrong with being surrounded by all boys? Is it because they are more inclined to act sexist?

rx34

HSC
What's wrong with being surrounded by all boys? Is it because they are more inclined to act sexist?
Nothing wrong with being surrounded by boys. I was reading one of the posts above and someone said he was in an all boys schools. I can definitely understand how he feels, I have been in an all girls school in primary school and high school. It was a refreshing change to talk to boys in university :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
whats new buddy, im feeling that kinda pain right now

the ratio of girls to guys doing engineering is retarded, too many guys, like one or 2 girls, and if ONLY those one or two were good looking then we could attend more lectures lol
Depends on the stream and the uni. If you want girls, do biomedical engo. It's like 50:50 ;)

dude01

HSC
That's like my family - all bloody engineers. I'm the complete opposite, maths is so foreign to someone like me who does law. Guys if you want hot chicks do law. It probably has the hottest girls out of all the faculties (imo) and the girl to guy ratio is about 60:40.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Nothing wrong with being surrounded by boys. I was reading one of the posts above and someone said he was in an all boys schools. I can definitely understand how he feels, I have been in an all girls school in primary school and high school. It was a refreshing change to talk to boys in university :)

i agree dude, i seen alot of law chicks at uni, but my gosh, they are terribly stuck-up and completely up themselves lol, then again they have every right to be, since alot of them are good looking

i hear law chicks apparently have super high standards...apparently lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i agree dude, i seen alot of law chicks at uni, but my gosh, they are terribly stuck-up and completely up themselves lol, then again they have every right to be, since alot of them are good looking

i hear law chicks apparently have super high standards...apparently lol
yes from what i hear as well.

the typical 'im doing law and im too good for everyone'

hur91

HSC
the majority may be guys, but the whole faculty has this chill feel to it and the other students are pretty friendly- if you know what I'm saying

and yes, engineering isn't easy, the average person does have to put effort in to keeping a C average

roookie

HSC
the majority may be guys, but the whole faculty has this chill feel to it and the other students are pretty friendly- if you know what I'm saying

and yes, engineering isn't easy, the average person does have to put effort in to keeping a C average
by "chill feel" do you mean a nice carefree or unwelcoming/eerie feel :rolleyes:

hur91

HSC
by "chill feel" do you mean a nice carefree or unwelcoming/eerie feel :rolleyes:
haha i didn't realise it could sound like that. I meant that there is a warm, supportive environment down there. By being kinda isolated from the majority of the campus, you tend to run in to familiar faces a lot.

To be honest, I did hear a lot of stories about the hostility that students from other faculties face, but I was glad that it was a different situation down in engineering.

roookie

HSC
haha i didn't realise it could sound like that. I meant that there is a warm, supportive environment down there. By being kinda isolated from the majority of the campus, you tend to run in to familiar faces a lot.

To be honest, I did hear a lot of stories about the hostility that students from other faculties face, but I was glad that it was a different situation down in engineering.
lol awesome, so good to hear that. really looking forward to starting uni now!

Most people are fairly pleasant. Only some of them want to kill you.
:uhoh: haha, i think i'm gonna keep away from you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)