Is ESL english's and Standard English's scales are same ? (1 Viewer)

sasu1211

HSC
I have a question dat I have no idea watz the answer :(

Is ESL english and Standard english is scaled same ? or is it different?

bkus I heard dat they are in a same scales so IF I get like over 90 mark in ESL then it will b same mark as getting mark over 90 in standard english...

I came to australia at yr 7

and all my subjects dat im doin r based on math like englineering studies, physics except music :D oh and yes I do math u3 :D

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
ALL subjects scale DIFFERENTLY every year depending on the cohort and their achieved marks. Relax.

mioumiou

HSC
I have a question dat I have no idea watz the answer :(

Is ESL english and Standard english is scaled same ? or is it different?

bkus I heard dat they are in a same scales so IF I get like over 90 mark in ESL then it will b same mark as getting mark over 90 in standard english...

I came to australia at yr 7

and all my subjects dat im doin r based on math like englineering studies, physics except music :D oh and yes I do math u3 :D
I came a year before you :) What i've heard is that ESL scales wayyyyy better than standard. There's one year, most of the ESL students who got band 6s got band 5 in the end cuz there's too many band 6 in ESL than Advance. :(
It's harder to get a Band 6 in Standard than in ESL.

So, do ESL. :)

muzeikchun852

HSC
I came a year before you :) What i've heard is that ESL scales wayyyyy better than standard. There's one year, most of the ESL students who got band 6s got band 5 in the end cuz there's too many band 6 in ESL than Advance. :(
It's harder to get a Band 6 in Standard than in ESL.

So, do ESL. :)
u came here at year 6 and still able to do ESL? u know is not easy to get band 6 in advanced englishh.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Getting a Band 6 in Standard is harder than in Advanced.
It's only harder because markers believe that students completing the Standard course are less capable of attaining a band 6, rather than an Advanced student. After saying that, it does not apply to EVERYONE, I am saying that this is the general view held by many others. Obviously it's very possible to achieve a band 6 in Standard, you just have to be able to prove it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)