Is everyone sure about what you are going to do in uni? (1 Viewer)

TABismyfuture

HSC
I chose actuary in my preference, coz other commerce subjects require uai below 95 and i consider that to be a waste of my uai which is sure to be above 95.

so I chose actuary.

but yesterday I talked to a family friend who studied actuary in Macquarie and she said it's crap. The teacher doesn't teach you what you need to know and the tests were absurdly difficult. Seems less than half ppl could graduate; and it is said that if you can't get the honor year, then your degree is worthless.

Now I'm thinking about doing something else.

I just want to ask:

Does everyone really know about the subject they are going to study in uni?

P

pLuvia

B.Com/B.Sci for UNSW or MACQ both for actuary and maths

Dark Phoenix

HSC
Bachelor of Finance/Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie Uni ( i chose mq coz its closer to me home, better environment, and plus i got like 5 bonus UAI points if i go to mq, so for me to get into finance and laws i only need 90 instead of 95 YAY)

HSC
TABismyfuture said:
I chose actuary in my preference, coz other commerce subjects require uai below 95 and i consider that to be a waste of my uai which is sure to be above 95.

so I chose actuary.
what about the courses with uai's under 95? did you like the sound of them? a uai cutoff has nothing to do with difficulty of a course or anything..its all about supply and demand where if heaps of people want to do a course the uai has to go up

..maybe you already knew that lol, im just saying that maybe you should look at your other preferences because regardless of whether their uai is low or whatever..you might actually enjoy them:)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
joeyjojoshabado is right.

I want to do teaching, and although I have a feeling I will be able to get a high 90s UAI (according to me school uai estimate and SAM )... the cut-off for teaching is in the mid 80s. There is no such thing as "wasting a UAI". Do what you know you will enjoy and what will take to where you want to go :)

sinist4

HSC
i'll prob do Bachelor of centre-link ;) @ uni of redfern hahaha :) (jk's)

im guessing Bachelor of engineering (civil) @ unsw or usyd

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just do what you want to do.

as long as its a quality course at a quality uni *mumbles something about UWS* and you have an interest in it then pick it. the UAI requirement should be taken into consideration second.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
it's so much better to able to get a uai then go "damn that is too high"

then knowing wat u want to do all along, and couldnt get the actual uai.

lol

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I have no idea *dances like a lunatic*
Im lookin at:

B Laws @MQ{/B],UWS,ND \ combined degrees of course..probably arts or IT
B Psychology @ UWS lol if stuff gets that bad:p
B Medical Science @ USYD(wishes), UNSW, MQ, UTS
B Chiropractic Sci @MQ (Have to do a masters to prac as a chiropractor)

However, my aim is to transfer into hopefully medicine* or vet sci after my first year in whatever im doing...and if that doesn't work i'd complete the degree and try grad entry into med/dentistry or possibly vet sci

*hopefully I'll have a chance gettin into UWS' new medical school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)