Is Fort Street worth it if i have some problems getting there? (1 Viewer)

wtfnoob123

HSC
Dear Fellow Bos'ers - living in the North Shore - is applying for Fort Street as my 3rd/4th option for selective schools worth it?

How do you get there if lets say, you start from somewhere like North Sydney/ Milsons Point?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
How long would it take you to get there?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Dear Fellow Bos'ers - living in the North Shore - is applying for Fort Street as my 3rd/4th option for selective schools worth it?

How do you get there if lets say, you start from somewhere like North Sydney/ Milsons Point?
Take a train to Central, get onto platform 19 on one of those all stops trains and get off at Petersham or Lewisham (forgot which one haha). It shouldn't really take that long to get there :p.

wtfnoob123

HSC
because my current school is 10 minutes away, and if i dont get into my first 2 pref. then .. you know :/

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Take a train to Central, get onto platform 19 on one of those all stops trains and get off at Petersham or Lewisham (forgot which one haha). It shouldn't really take that long to get there :p.
35-40 minutes is a long time.

I travel 1~ hour to a shit school everyday (moved very far last December, which by then we were very well established into the first term of year 12).

Imagine waking up 5:30AM everyday, and coming home at 5:30ish everyday. That is 12 hours wasted at school. To say that such travel has 'no effect' is absurd and ignorant.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
35-40 minutes is a long time.

I travel 1~ hour to a shit school everyday (moved very far last December, which by then we were very well established into the first term of year 12).

Imagine waking up 5:30AM everyday, and coming home at 5:30ish everyday. That is 12 hours wasted at school. To say that such travel has 'no effect' is absurd and ignorant.
People travel longer distances to get to work, school, etc. and I didn't say it had 'no effect', you said that. Besides, wtfnoob can read and study on the train.

lukygurl

HSC
It takes me 40 minute drive to Fort Street and 1 hour and 20 minutes for a one-way trip everyday on public transport!

ALTHOUGH having done this since Year 7, and being in Year 12 now, I can honestly say that Fort Street is really an amazing school and you should definitely look forward to going there if you get in :)

From Milsons Pt, you can catch a bus to Wynyard/Town Hall/Central and catch a train to Petersham.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It takes me 40 minute drive to Fort Street and 1 hour and 20 minutes for a one-way trip everyday on public transport!

ALTHOUGH having done this since Year 7, and being in Year 12 now, I can honestly say that Fort Street is really an amazing school and you should definitely look forward to going there if you get in :)

From Milsons Pt, you can catch a bus to Wynyard/Town Hall/Central and catch a train to Petersham.
That's quite a long time just to get to school . In a week , you would drive for around 400 minutes or use up 800 minutes on public transport....

wtfnoob123

HSC

Thank you so much for the advice! :) so the enviroment im assuming is enriching? and how many people arrived into year 11 (last year for you - )?

lukygurl

HSC
That's quite a long time just to get to school . In a week , you would drive for around 400 minutes or use up 800 minutes on public transport....
Haha there are people who have it much worse out there, so I don't really mind. I get to read over notes in the morning and look over content in the afternoon :) The only thing is that BHHS is literally 10 minutes from me but I never bothered applying for it again from Y7 onwards.

lukygurl

HSC
Thank you so much for the advice! :) so the enviroment im assuming is enriching? and how many people arrived into year 11 (last year for you - )?
Yeah, definitely! The teachers are pretty awesome (well, 85% of them are, so you have a lot to look forward to). It just seems like a generally chillaxing environment with an encouraging cohort. Makematics and I can both back that up! Our grade has grown really tight and it'll be weird not being with everyone from next year on :(

We accepted about hmmm... 30 people I think? If you're looking to enter in Year 11 it shouldn't be too hard, you'll sit a test and then get interviewed by our Deputy, most likely!

wtfnoob123

HSC
Yeah, definitely! The teachers are pretty awesome (well, 85% of them are, so you have a lot to look forward to). It just seems like a generally chillaxing environment with an encouraging cohort. Makematics and I can both back that up! Our grade has grown really tight and it'll be weird not being with everyone from next year on :(

We accepted about hmmm... 30 people I think? If you're looking to enter in Year 11 it shouldn't be too hard, you'll sit a test and then get interviewed by our Deputy, most likely!
Okay sounds awesome! haha i put Fort Street as my 3rd option ! im looking forward to take the exam on the 1st of Aug :), but i have to hand in an essay as well :( haha thank you for the advice!

lukygurl

HSC
Okay sounds awesome! haha i put Fort Street as my 3rd option ! im looking forward to take the exam on the 1st of Aug :), but i have to hand in an essay as well :( haha thank you for the advice!
No worries! Have fun and good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)