Is IPT hard? (1 Viewer)

noriel

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if IPT is a good subject to do next year? and is it hard because I haven't done IT courses in year 10 only multimedia.

TheCardician

HSC
IPT is not really that hard of a subject, but in fact, it's considered one of the easier subjects. It's a great subject, and even though theres quite a bit of theory to learn, it is fun to learn and in some ways, relates to a bit of physics - such as binary representing voltage states. I'd recommend it for sure, and it doesn't matter if you haven't done any IT courses in year 10. You can still do computing subjects.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hey, I was wondering if IPT is a good subject to do next year? and is it hard because I haven't done IT courses in year 10 only multimedia.
Only is hard if you don't try.

Otherwise it is quite easy

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say the challenge is that it's easy to pass/get decent marks in, but if you are aiming for the top of band six, then it's quite challenging. Part of the problem is each school typically has a very small number of students doing the course which means those who end up sticking it out all the way through to HSC, tend to be those who are doing quite well in it. Look on BoS and the number of people who say they are at the top of their IPT classes seems to outnumber those who aren't!

The content itself isn't that difficult either, but proving that you can link concepts together and apply it to practical scenarios/situations... that's the challenge.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
who uses the samuel davis textbook ?? I'm trying to make notes from it but its too long. And in test, my answers doesnt sound as to what a hsc standard should be. how can i create notes and how to answer questions ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)